Search found 7287 matches

by Rylinks
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:12 am
Forum: Everything
Topic: Headline of the Day
Replies: 2572
Views: 74640

Re: Headline of the Day

Blissful wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:15 pm
although in truth they have nothing on grandmothers, so there's clearly room for improvement
neither my mother nor my grandmother have!
by Rylinks
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:06 pm
Forum: Everything
Topic: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER
Replies: 21347
Views: 340930

Re: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER

right, because only like .001% of employees would ever take advantage of this policy and it gives everyone peace of mind, so it's a no-brainer if you say that companies are taking into account costs (small number of people using the benefit) i don't see why they wouldn't also take into account the ...
by Rylinks
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:59 pm
Forum: Everything
Topic: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER
Replies: 21347
Views: 340930

Re: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER

haplo wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:57 pm
I'm saying the company provides it to keep employees happy, not to save money. It's such a silly idea that I can only imagine someone would suggest it in bad faith.
i would be happier if my job gave me an additional $5,000 per year but somehow that one's not in the budget
by Rylinks
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:53 pm
Forum: Everything
Topic: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER
Replies: 21347
Views: 340930

Re: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER

I find it incredibly unlikely that a company covers abortion travel because of the alternative cost of maternity. That sounds like something I'd come up with if I was trying to discredit the idea that this is a thing people want provided to them. obviously it's a thing people want provided to them,...
by Rylinks
Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:18 pm
Forum: Everything
Topic: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER
Replies: 21347
Views: 340930

Re: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER

many companies have, either because they believe it's the right thing to do or because it's cheaper than maternity benefits
by Rylinks
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:19 pm
Forum: Everything
Topic: Headline of the Day
Replies: 2572
Views: 74640

Re: Headline of the Day

Pope Francis tells mums to stop ironing son's shirts and urge them to get married
by Rylinks
Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:30 am
Forum: Everything
Topic: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER
Replies: 21347
Views: 340930

Re: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER

having large general chat rooms at companies always seemed bonkers to me but maybe i'm just antisocial
by Rylinks
Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:48 pm
Forum: Amusement Club
Topic: It's Video Game News
Replies: 2613
Views: 57761

Re: It's Video Game News

Ashenai wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:45 pm
extremely lmao
by Rylinks
Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:22 am
Forum: Everything
Topic: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER
Replies: 21347
Views: 340930

Re: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER

if this is what lets state governments escape the establishment clause holdings, it will be the unwritten constitution prevailing over the parts of the constitution that are merely written down sure. do you think anti-discrimination language would not give the law a chance of overcoming strict scru...
by Rylinks
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:56 pm
Forum: Everything
Topic: Quiet Weekend Posting
Replies: 1418
Views: 35546

Re: Quiet Weekend Posting

by Rylinks
Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:08 pm
Forum: Everything
Topic: Quiet Weekend Posting
Replies: 1418
Views: 35546

Re: Quiet Weekend Posting

by Rylinks
Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:00 pm
Forum: Everything
Topic: Quiet Weekend Posting
Replies: 1418
Views: 35546

Re: Quiet Weekend Posting

that's against the forum rules, arti
by Rylinks
Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:03 am
Forum: Everything
Topic: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER
Replies: 21347
Views: 340930

Re: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER

i finished reading the dissent and if a majority wanted they could file the serial numbers off and issue it as a majority opinion. Its a pretty fundamentally different view that explicitly rejects the historical approach in the majority, so it doesn't really matter how cut and dried alito's histori...
by Rylinks
Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:54 am
Forum: Everything
Topic: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER
Replies: 21347
Views: 340930

Re: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER

i finished reading the dissent and if a majority wanted they could file the serial numbers off and issue it as a majority opinion. Its a pretty fundamentally different view that explicitly rejects the historical approach in the majority, so it doesn't really matter how cut and dried alito's histori...
by Rylinks
Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:24 am
Forum: Everything
Topic: Headline of the Day
Replies: 2572
Views: 74640

Re: Headline of the Day

No, Trump Isn’t Going to Save The Supreme Court
by Rylinks
Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:45 am
Forum: Everything
Topic: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER
Replies: 21347
Views: 340930

Re: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER

Hey Rylinks, can you think of a chain of cases that might lead to SCOTUS reconsidering Dobbs? Roe was always open to challenges, the logic was flawed from the word go and the trimester scheme was rickety and left a lot of open questions. Dobbs seems really cut and dried, without much wiggle room, w...
by Rylinks
Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:42 pm
Forum: Everything
Topic: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER
Replies: 21347
Views: 340930

Re: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER

there's not really any moral realism in the culture anymore so it's not that surprising people can't answer why murder is bad. Are you sure I think when people say things like "There are 73 genders," they believe they've reached this conclusion by observing reality first that's not a moral statemen...
by Rylinks
Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:37 pm
Forum: Everything
Topic: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER
Replies: 21347
Views: 340930

Re: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER

outside of religion but that's its own thing
by Rylinks
Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:36 pm
Forum: Everything
Topic: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER
Replies: 21347
Views: 340930

Re: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER

Also really weird that a common reaction is that we should harass justices in public and their homes There are a bunch of people who always think of the country federally And a disturbing number of people who are so convinced they are morally correct that any behavior is justifiable in pursuit of t...
by Rylinks
Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:04 pm
Forum: Everything
Topic: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER
Replies: 21347
Views: 340930

Re: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER

Dantes wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:49 pm
Hey Rylinks, can you think of a chain of cases that might lead to SCOTUS reconsidering Dobbs?
life finds a way
by Rylinks
Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:58 pm
Forum: Everything
Topic: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER
Replies: 21347
Views: 340930

Re: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER

yeah but i think in this hypothetical where 70 years from now the court flips it back again probably in the intervening time the alabama state legislature won't have decided hey you know what let's actually make abortion legal so like yeah the court is giving the power back to the states in terms o...
by Rylinks
Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:43 pm
Forum: Everything
Topic: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER
Replies: 21347
Views: 340930

Re: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER

i understand that framing. but in practice congress never does anything, so i think another reasonable framing would be that the court is the entity that controls the legality of abortion (and the court is controlled by whichever party has won the game of controlling the court) state legislatures d...
by Rylinks
Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:29 pm
Forum: Everything
Topic: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER
Replies: 21347
Views: 340930

Re: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER

i don't see how this future ruling would make the present one judicial supremacy i mean judicial supremacy in the sense of "control of the supreme court is the only thing that matters in american politics", not this thing that comes up when i google “Judicial supremacy” is the idea that the Supreme...
by Rylinks
Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:13 pm
Forum: Everything
Topic: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER
Replies: 21347
Views: 340930

Re: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER

Image
by Rylinks
Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:09 pm
Forum: Everything
Topic: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER
Replies: 21347
Views: 340930

Re: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER

like it's pretty easy to say the Lochner court (which used substantive due process to strike down provisions of the new deal such as workplace protections and minimum wage laws) was a product of judicial supremacy, and the switch was the relinquishment of judicial supremacy, even though the switch h...
by Rylinks
Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:07 pm
Forum: Everything
Topic: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER
Replies: 21347
Views: 340930

Re: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER

i don't see how this future ruling would make the present one judicial supremacy
by Rylinks
Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:45 pm
Forum: Everything
Topic: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER
Replies: 21347
Views: 340930

Re: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER

what do you guys think the chances of the NFL releasing deshaun watson's suspension today is
by Rylinks
Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:31 pm
Forum: Everything
Topic: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER
Replies: 21347
Views: 340930

Re: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER

Doug wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:30 pm
Rylinks wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:27 pm
For that reason, in future cases, we should reconsider all
of this Court’s substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell
one guess which justice wrote this concurrence
Which ones are these
contracteption, gay sex (securities fraud), and gay marriage
by Rylinks
Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:27 pm
Forum: Everything
Topic: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER
Replies: 21347
Views: 340930

Re: POLITICS MOTHERFUCKER

For that reason, in future cases, we should reconsider all
of this Court’s substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell
one guess which justice wrote this concurrence
by Rylinks
Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:55 pm
Forum: Everything
Topic: Build my comp, nerds
Replies: 175
Views: 2376

Re: Build my comp, nerds

i recommend this guy