The Fantasy Card Thread was destroyed in the tapatalk merge

But this thread wasn't

To play and or discuss games and games

Moderator: Doug

Jeb Bush 2012
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Re: speaking of bad templating, i don't like the name of this thread and am formally requesting a name change

Post by Jeb Bush 2012 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:17 am

Khaos wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:14 pm legacy will be left as an exercise for the reader
legacy is a keyword meaning that the card will be printed in a set designed for people who like to eat the cards and will somehow end up breaking the second most powerful format in the game

Skeletor
How'd you know that loving kittens is my one defining trait?
Forum Elf

Re: [Fantasy Card Thread] g of bad templating, i don't like the name of this thread and am formally requesting a name ch

Post by Skeletor » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:18 am

Khaos wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:08 am no it wasn't. i just dont get the flavour of cruelty bringing something back under your control. maybe it's fine i dunno
so you can kill it again?

idunno. i think i'd change the templating to say whichever you want though in case it goes in a cube, 'cause it is a little ambiguous to me
wow, [you]. that all sounds terrible. i hope it gets better for you

Khaos
They should have sent a poet.
Forum Elf

Re: [Fantasy Card Thread] g of bad templating, i don't like the name of this thread and am formally requesting a name ch

Post by Khaos » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:23 am

you're probably right and the flavour works eitherway

if we're adding extra text anyway may as well make it an upside and not a drawback

groff_enthusiast
The original good boy.
Cardboard Robot

Re: The fantasy card thread was destroyed in the tapatalk merge

Post by groff_enthusiast » Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:21 am

Khaos wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:39 pm
groff_enthusiast wrote:
Khaos wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:03 pm Obsessive Compulsion
2U
Instant (C)
Draw three cards, then discard two cards. If you control three different permanents with consecutive mana values, discard one card instead. (For example, if you control permanents with mana values 2, 3, and 4, you only discard one card.)
Straight Busted
3 mana to discard a card seems like a worse one with nothing
STRAIGHT Busted
Ashenai wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:08 pmoh no

Skeletor
Forum Elf

Post by Skeletor » Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:56 am

lol

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:33 pm

now i feel flushed

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:38 pm

Industrialize
UG
Enchantment (U)
1, Return a land you control to its owner's hand: Create a 1/1 colourless Assembly-Worker creature token with "T: Add one mana of any colour."

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:45 pm

Quality Control
UU
Instant (U)
Choose one —
• Counter target creature spell with unequal base power and toughness.
• Counter target noncreature spell with an odd mana value.

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:49 pm

Failsafe Manuever
W
Instant (C)
Target creature or artifact you control gains hexproof and indestructible until end of turn. You may exile it. If you do, at the beginning of the next end step, return that card to the battlefield under its owner's control.

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Re: speaking of bad templating, i don't like the name of this thread and am formally requesting a name change

Post by Crunchums » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:54 pm

Crunchums wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:20 pm Datasucker
The Toolbox
Magnum Opus
Net Shield
Sacrificial Construct
Sure Gamble
Scorched Earth
Enigma
Wall of Static

(these are netrunner card names that i am giving to you as mtg card prompts)
Khaos wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:22 pm these are netrunner card names that i am giving to you as mtg card prompts
Instant
if it's 4:30, khaos goes home to his wife and children
what if it's not 4:30?
u gotta skate

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:55 pm

Parasailer
2W
Creature — Human Rogue (C)
Whenever another creature you control with flying attacks, Parasailer gains flying until end of turn.
3/2

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:55 pm

Crunchums wrote:
Crunchums wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:20 pm Datasucker
The Toolbox
Magnum Opus
Net Shield
Sacrificial Construct
Sure Gamble
Scorched Earth
Enigma
Wall of Static

(these are netrunner card names that i am giving to you as mtg card prompts)
Khaos wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:22 pm these are netrunner card names that i am giving to you as mtg card prompts
Instant
if it's 4:30, khaos goes home to his wife and children
what if it's not 4:30?
oh shit i forgot about that

Skeletor
Forum Elf

Post by Skeletor » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:58 pm

Khaos wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:45 pm Quality Control
UU
Instant (U)
Choose one —
• Counter target creature spell with unequal base power and toughness.
• Counter target noncreature spell with an odd mana value.
i'm going to clam that while 0 is not odd, it is an odd mana value

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:44 pm

these will be NEO themed, i guess. imma try to get all sorts of rarity's in here

Datasucker
2U
Artifact Creature — Leech (C)
When Datasucker enters the battlefield, target opponent gets VV. (V are virus counters.)
Whenever Datasucker deals combat damage to an opponent, you may remove V from them. When you do, draw a card.
2/3

Wall of Static
1W
Enchantment Creature — Wall (C)
Defender
Whenever Wall of Static blocks, the controller of the blocked creature gets V. Then you gain life equal to the number of V that player has.
0/3

Sacrificial Construct
Artifact Creature — Netrunner Construct (C)
Malware (When this deals combat damage to a player, they get V.)
1, Sacrifice Sacrificial Construct: Draw a card. Activate only if an opponent has one or more V.
2/1

Scorched Earth
3R
Sorcery (U)
Scorched Earth deals 2 damage to each creature.
Up to two target lands controlled by compromised opponents become Wastes until the start of your next turn. (Any opponent with one or more V is compromised.)

Net Shield
1UU
Enchantment — Aura (U)
Flash
Enchant creature or player
When you cast Net Shield, counter target spell. Its controller gets a virus counter.
Enchanted creature or player has ward X, where X is equal to the number of V your opponents have.

The Toolbox
UB
Legendary Artifact (R)
T: Target opponent that isn't compromised gets V.
T: Activate as a sorcery. Remove V from target opponent. When you do, choose one —
• Target creature controlled by that player gets -2/-1 until end of turn.
• That player discards a card.
• Create a 1/1 blue Netrunner enchantment creature token. It can't block or be blocked, and it can only attack that player.

ok that's enough of that mechanic
edit: shit this is just energy. may as well as template it the same

Sure Gamble
XXUR
Instant (R)
Discard your hand, then draw that many cards. You may repeat this process up to X more times.
Draw a card.

Magnum Opus
RR
Legendary Artifact — Equipment (M)
Whenever equipped creature attacks, unattach Magnum Opus. When you do, it deals damage equal to its power to any target controlled by defending player.
Equip XR, where X is equal to the power of the creature to be equipped.

Enigma
4UBR
Legendary Enchantment (M)
As Enigma enters the battlefield, search your libary for a creature card and put it onto the battlefield face down without revealing it. Attach Enigma to it. Enigma becomes an Aura with enchant creature. Then shuffle. (Face down cards are 2/2 creatures.)
Enchanted creature gets +4/+4 and has hexproof, menace, and lifelink.
4UBR, Sacrifice Enigma: Turn enchanted creature face up.

mindwarped
slow me down
Isolationist

Post by mindwarped » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:56 pm

Reality Charger 1GG
Creature — Elemental Rhino
Haste, trample
Reality Charger gets +1/+1 for each land card in exile.
When Reality Charger dies or deals combat damage to a player, exile a number of non-Rhino cards at random from each players' graveyard equal to its power.
1G, Mill three cards: Shuffle Reality Charger from your graveyard into your library.
3/3

Rylinks
her skirt got quite a lot smaller,
but her heart is still the same
size it was before
Forum Elf

Post by Rylinks » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:56 pm

Guy, name of ninja person 1UB
Creature (R)
Ninjitsu UB

Whenever you activate the ninjitsu ability of ~ or another ninjitsu ability, the defending player gets a virus counter.

Creatures your opponents control with power less than the number of virus counters their controller has can't block
2/3

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:01 pm

clearly should be RB :rylinksteach:

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:25 pm

making everyone shuffle when that rhino hits sounds like effo. can it just target? this also lets you take out the weird non-rhino wording

mindwarped
slow me down
Isolationist

Post by mindwarped » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:28 pm

having to choose cards from each graveyard every time seemed even more annoying. I agree it's not great

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:34 pm

exiling stuff from yards is usually not that hard. just take the lands and then the next best things, no real thought to it. like ashnod's harvester

shuffling is definitely worse

mindwarped
slow me down
Isolationist

Post by mindwarped » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:51 pm

well 1 card vs. 16 cards or whatever is going to play differently. plus there still needs to be awkward wording to avoid exiling itself. I think the fix is to hit only opponents, let them pick, and maybe change the self-mill to escape (or just remove it).

really I want it to be a card that smashes shit haphazardly wherever it goes. but I don't think there's an elegant version of that

edit: more realistic, less smashy version
Spoiler!
Reality Charger 1GG
Creature — Elemental Rhino
Haste, trample
Reality Charger gets +1/+1 for each land card in exile.
When Reality Charger dies or deals combat damage to a player, each opponent exiles three cards from their graveyard.
Escape—3GG, Exile five other cards from your graveyard.
3/3

Skeletor
Forum Elf

Post by Skeletor » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:53 pm

i wont do this again. chatgpt continuation of those NEO cards
Spoiler!
Mindlink
1U
Instant (C)
Target opponent reveals their hand. You may choose a nonland card from it and discard it.
Draw a card.

Mental Barrier
1U
Enchantment (U)
Whenever a player casts a spell, that player gets V.
VV, Sacrifice Mental Barrier: Counter target spell unless its controller discards a card.

Net Storm
2UR
Sorcery (R)
Net Storm deals X damage to target creature or player, where X is equal to the number of V on all opponents.
Draw a card.

Data Spike
2U
Instant (C)
Target opponent gets V.
Draw a card.

Hacktivist
1U
Creature — Human Netrunner (R)
Whenever Hacktivist deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card. If you do, that player gets V.
1/1

Black ICE
3UB
Enchantment (R)
Whenever a player casts a spell, Black ICE deals 1 damage to that player unless they pay 1.
Whenever a player gets V, Black ICE deals 2 damage to that player.

Data Mine
1U
Enchantment — Aura (C)
Enchant creature
When enchanted creature deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card. If you do, that player gets V.

Netjack
2UB
Instant (U)
Counter target spell unless its controller pays 1.
Draw a card.

Net Cop
2UB
Whenever a player casts a spell, Net Cop deals 1 damage to that player unless they pay 2.
Whenever a player gets V, Net Cop deals 3 damage to that player.
3/3

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:56 pm

mindwarped wrote:well 1 card vs. 16 cards or whatever is going to play differently
it makes it easier!

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:59 pm

Skeletor wrote:i wont do this again. chatgpt continuation of those NEO cards
Spoiler!
Mindlink
1U
Instant (C)
Target opponent reveals their hand. You may choose a nonland card from it and discard it.
Draw a card.

Mental Barrier
1U
Enchantment (U)
VV, Sacrifice Mental Barrier: Counter target spell unless its controller discards a card.

Net Storm
2UR
Sorcery (R)
Net Storm deals X damage to target creature or player, where X is equal to the number of V on all opponents.
Draw a card.

Data Spike
2U
Instant (C)
Target opponent gets V.
Draw a card.

Hacktivist
1U
Whenever Hacktivist deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card. If you do, that player gets V.
1/1

Black ICE
3UB
Enchantment (R)
Whenever a player casts a spell, Black ICE deals 1 damage to that player unless they pay 1.

Data Mine
1U
Enchantment — Aura (C)
Enchant creature
When enchanted creature deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card. If you do, that player gets V.

Netjack
2UB
Instant (U)
Draw a card.

Net Cop
2UB
Whenever a player casts a spell, Net Cop deals 1 damage to that player unless they pay 2.
3/3
what was the prompt?

these aren't great but im impressed by the correct templating

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:01 pm

Mindlink
1B
Instant (U)
As an additional cost to cast Mindlink, discard a card.
Target opponent reveals their hand. You may choose a nonland card from it that shares a type with the card you discarded. That player discards that card and you draw a card.

Rylinks
her skirt got quite a lot smaller,
but her heart is still the same
size it was before
Forum Elf

Post by Rylinks » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:01 pm

Giant Laser Moth 2RRW
Creature - Moth
Flying
When Giant Laser Moth attacks, you may exert it. If you do, deal two damage to each opponent and each creature without flying they control. Those creatures can't block this turn.
4/5

mindwarped
slow me down
Isolationist

Post by mindwarped » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:02 pm

Khaos wrote:
mindwarped wrote:well 1 card vs. 16 cards or whatever is going to play differently
it makes it easier!
respectfully disagree. unless you mean like, on average? I think the first time I'd have to wait for my arena opponent to choose six cards from each graveyard to exile, I'd shut down the client

Skeletor
Forum Elf

Post by Skeletor » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:03 pm

Khaos wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:59 pm
Skeletor wrote:i wont do this again. chatgpt continuation of those NEO cards
Spoiler!
Mindlink
1U
Instant (C)
Draw a card.

Mental Barrier
1U
Enchantment (U)

Net Storm
2UR
Sorcery (R)
Draw a card.

Data Spike
2U
Instant (C)
Target opponent gets V.
Draw a card.

Hacktivist
1U
1/1

Black ICE
3UB
Enchantment (R)

Data Mine
1U
Enchantment — Aura (C)
Enchant creature

Netjack
2UB
Instant (U)
Draw a card.

Net Cop
2UB
3/3
what was the prompt?

these aren't great but im impressed by the correct templating
the prompt was this

I'm working on a Magic: the Gathering card set. This is the card file so far.

<your post>

Continue the card file with more cards.

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:03 pm

Mental Barrier
1U
Enchantment (U)
When Mental Barrier enters the battlefield, scry 2, then draw a card.
0: Exile the cards in your hand face down. At the beginning of the next upkeep, put them into your hand.

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:04 pm

mindwarped wrote:
Khaos wrote:
it makes it easier!
respectfully disagree. unless you mean like, on average? I think the first time I'd have to wait for my arena opponent to choose six cards from each graveyard to exile, I'd shut down the client
i think you run out of targets very fast. and i think arena has a bunch of other cards like this already. anyway we can disagree