u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Re: netrunner

Post by Crunchums » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:54 pm

answer:

so you can FA a 5/3 from 18 credits
the trash cost makes it a lot worse, though HB is the right faction to solve that problem (Archived Memories, etc)
MCA Austerity Policy seems generally better. actually i guess being able to go from 0 to scoring instead of having to charge it up for 3 turns is probably a big deal (heh, i didn't do that consciously)
i think it's a cool card though
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:03 pm

it's amusing to me that a lot of these new cards are vastly improved versions of old cards, but the CVS replacement is just worse
i mean yeah there's the net damage thing, but that's a lot less relevant than the trash cost being lower and it being 1 influence jinteki instead of 0 influence neutral
which I don't mean as a complaint: ubiquitous neutral cards make the game feel very same-y. like when most corps were playing hedge IPO Rashida NGO - it was so lame
also the art is good
u gotta skate

Jeb Bush 2012
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by Jeb Bush 2012 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:05 pm

Crunchums wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:54 pm answer:

so you can FA a 5/3 from 18 credits
the trash cost makes it a lot worse, though HB is the right faction to solve that problem (Archived Memories, etc)
MCA Austerity Policy seems generally better. actually i guess being able to go from 0 to scoring instead of having to charge it up for 3 turns is probably a big deal (heh, i didn't do that consciously)
i think it's a cool card though
lol I was gonna suggest that* as the most boring possibility but I forgot (other things I considered were res everything and time walk)

*actually “score an agenda” which is imo cooler. but maybe they want to be able to do silly things like government takeover in future

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:37 pm

government takeover is (very justifiably*) banned so I doubt they're going down that road again anytime soon. but also Lady Liberty already exists

*the issue was mostly that corps were able to play agenda suites (e.g. 3x GFI 1x GT 3x Hostile Takeover in a 44 card deck) where the runner almost couldn't win unless they were able to steal GT
u gotta skate

Rylinks
her skirt got quite a lot smaller,
but her heart is still the same
size it was before
Forum Elf

Post by Rylinks » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:39 pm

is that not more of a problem with global food initiative

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:51 pm

https://imgur.com/a/duD19fu

1) i kinda love the art. literally breaking glass to mash a red button. I love that they banned HPT independent of this card, but it was definitely necessary for them to ban it in order to print this card, heh. post rotation BOOM! is the only tags=death operation around; hopefully killing like that isn't a degenerate strategy, but if it's good it's probably pretty easy to tech for
2) yeesh that seems strong. though i guess anarchs have conspiracy breakers and Bukhgalter breaking it for 8 or 6 is livable. and Revolver breaks it for only 4! and of course boomerang stuff laughs at it. nifty design
3) that's really cool; Sandstone is the closest thing but they're not very similar. and that's in a vacuum, but obv it has huge synergy with all the other things that want you to trash your own cards. probably not great that clip breaks it once for 4 and then it trashes itself though
4) dunno if it's good but i like it
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:55 pm

Rylinks wrote:is that not more of a problem with global food initiative
GFI is dumb too imo, but together it's a critical mass of dumbness
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:10 pm

https://www.nearearthhub.net/run-together-fundraiser (click link to see new card)
dunno how impactful the rez cost increase is in this day and age, but it's certainly sexy. and i like that it gives you an incentive to install it early
crim didn't have access to a cheap decoder (Abagnale, Peregrine, Amina were the only options) and i'm glad to have that option again
https://youtu.be/sS7JJr0eypk?t=66
1) hey it's an improved Ghost Branch
2) Tollbooth is the obvious comparison. dislikes Black Orchestra
3) EOI replacement. I always disliked EOI - felt absolutely brutal to get hit with (e.g. swapping 15 Minutes for your GFI; come on). this feels much more reasonable
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:16 pm

https://imgur.com/a/V34tnZn
1) interesting. having it be a 2/2 that you can FA for free is a pretty compelling dream
2) very sexy
3) i'd guess this is intended as a mushin replacement; seems way worse than mushin, though
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:23 pm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
definitely a strong enough payoff to think about playing. the uniqueness makes it a lot worse, but shrug. probably sees play in some tons-of-events anarch deck
u gotta skate

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Ashenai » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:27 pm

Bladderwort seems insane to me. Isn't Pad Campaign already a great card? This is significantly better! What the hell?

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:36 pm

Ashenai wrote:Bladderwort seems insane to me. Isn't Pad Campaign already a great card? This is significantly better! What the hell?
PAD is definitely playable, but it's not that great. 1 rez 3 trash is solid, but it's not above the curve or anything. if it didn't have the <5 clause then it would be pretty nuts*, but that's a pretty significant hoop to jump through. i definitely think it's playable/good but i don't think it's nuts

*incidentally i think it's a super elegant design how it's hard to stack them
u gotta skate

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Ashenai » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:38 pm

how fuckin' efficient is this, holy crap, look at all that value. Does Weyland have good ways to tag?

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:41 pm

Crunchums wrote:if it didn't have the <5 clause then it would be pretty nuts, but that's a pretty significant hoop to jump through
and i don't mean this in the sense of like "wow it's really difficult to stay on low credits" - more like if you're constantly sitting on low credits then that leaves you very open to whatever the runner is doing / not able to do very much yourself
also it really likes offshoring effects like NGO
Does Weyland have good ways to tag?
usually Weyland imports NBN cards, currently HHN
u gotta skate

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Ashenai » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:47 pm

Crunchums wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:41 pm
Crunchums wrote:if it didn't have the <5 clause then it would be pretty nuts, but that's a pretty significant hoop to jump through
and i don't mean this in the sense of like "wow it's really difficult to stay on low credits" - more like if you're constantly sitting on low credits then that leaves you very open to whatever the runner is doing / not able to do very much yourself
It just seems like an oppressively powerful and flexible early game play. The runner ends up on the losing end of it whether they trash it or not, which is also true of PAD but this is more so.

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:55 pm

Ashenai wrote: The runner ends up on the losing end of it whether they trash it or not
i don't think the runner paying 3 to trash a naked asset is that big of a deal, or at least it's not very different from other similar assets. and in a normal deck you're probably sad to be hitting them for 1 net because it means you didn't see hedge or something
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:59 pm

https://youtu.be/JjMKozIxrT8?t=59
Backstitching - inside job on a mark-stick definitely seems playable. even if the randomness of mark makes it a lot worse you can still sit there until it hits HQ to doof or whatever
Carpe Diem - bizarro dirty laundry. i wonder how this works with cards that identify a mark at start of turn - does it turn them on? i would guess yes. (i.e. if i do not have a mark and then I install Backstitching and then play Carpe Diem). seems fine in Sable and less good elsewhere
PAN-Weave - idk if it's good (probably not), but it's sexy
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:01 pm

plausible that you might play this if you have something you really want to charge, but probably won't see much play
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:48 am

feels strong to me, but maybe tags are just easier to come by now? definitely feels like a card that earns its 1 trash cost
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:34 pm

https://imgur.com/a/KNjNb3d
into the depths - 1 cost shaper event:run - 3 inf
run any server, if successful, do one of the following that you haven't yet for each ice passed
-gain 4c
-install a program from stack paying all costs
-charge
this type of card is usually bad, and i think this also isn't very good. all of the effects are things that are easy to come by on their own, and it's not easy to get more than one of them
propeller - 1 cost shaper program: icebreaker fracter - 2inf
when you install it, place 4 power counters on it.
1c: break 1 barrier sub
1 power counter: +2 str
0 base strength
like a much worse lady, but i like it. cool that the power counters are for str boost and not breaking; means you can try to make it work with takobi/sucker/etc
stoneship chart room - 0 cost shaper resource: location
trashcan: draw 2
trastcan: charge
possible that this will see play in decks that really really really like charge (or if there's something like hayley that makes cheap resources attractive), but probably not making the cut otherwise
the twinning - 3 cost anarch unique resource: virtual - 3 inf
the first time each turn you spend creds from an installed card, place a power counter on this.
whenever you breach HQ or R+D, you may remove up to 2 counters to access that many extra cards
TTW replacement! afaict the only things that trigger it in-faction are Scrubber and the four companion resources. also PPVP is neutral. the companions are good so that's solid, but seems weirdly narrow from a deckbuilding perspective
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:18 am

maybe people will think about playing this after paperclip rotates. probably not though - no strength boost ability is pretty bad
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:32 pm

yo :lol:
i feel like this is a good design because it feels like it's probably not actually that good on average yet when i look at it i am terrified of getting owned by it

huh, so you can get agendas out of HQ or use it to score things (even FA something)? versatile
seems strong, so i'm glad it has a reasonable 3 rez 3 trash instead of something pushed
feels like a weird design credit to give
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:40 pm

a good shaper econ card? i thought it was illegal to print those :P
weird flavor and very mundane flavor text

also here are those four cards that had wint tweets over their text with their actual text instead of wint tweets
https://imgur.com/gallery/nMP347o
u gotta skate

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Ashenai » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:49 pm

Is that good? It seems like a very non-trivial hoop to jump through. It's also awkwardly anti-synergistic with itself, because when you're short on cash is exactly when you're gonna have trouble installing 4 things, no?

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:50 pm

it's certainly not good everywhere, but it is good in shaper decks that install lots of programs/hardware, which can be a thing
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:32 pm

cute. works with campaigns (e.g. Marilyn Campaign) and ice that likes being rezzed. and also of course a blank 2/1 is often still a card decks are very happy to play
u gotta skate

Khaos
They should have sent a poet.
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:54 pm

that artist needs to learn what bifurcation means

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Ashenai » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:58 pm