the smallbox moving picture with sound thread (telly vision)

Probably what *this* should be called.
Dantes
Typewriter Monkey
Typewriter Monkey

Re: the smallbox moving picture with sound thread (telly vision)

Post by Dantes » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:41 pm

Monty wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:15 pm At least she’s not a Cutie Mark Crusader.
I know I’m going to regret this later. A cutie mark crusader?
Pour like Hemingway's last call.

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Ashenai » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:53 pm

They're the little kid ponies.

Monty
Cardboard Robot
Cardboard Robot

Post by Monty » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:28 pm

1) Those symbols on their haunches are called "Cutie Marks" (like beauty marks but cuter and more merchandisable)
2) Your Cutie Mark defines who you are and what you do
3) There are these younger ponies (with even bigger eyes with more sparklies in them, etc.) who haven't gotten their Cutie Marks yet (puberty metaphor) and engage in wacky schemes to try to manifest them
4) Over time, the show focuses more on the younger, cuter ponies both as a Cousin-Oliver-From-Brady-Bunch thing and because there's only so many times the core cast can learn the same lessons about friendship
5) Anyway, I like Pinkie Pie
The world needs more Bohemian Ear-Spoons

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Ashenai » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:31 pm

way to bury the lede

Monty
Cardboard Robot
Cardboard Robot

Post by Monty » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:32 pm

Put the punchline at the end.

Doug
Has anybody seen my parrot
Forum Elf

Post by Doug » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:33 pm

haunches means butts
It's your turn in Cthulhu Wars
It's your turn in Squirrel Wars
It's your turn in Demon Wars
It's your turn in Wall Street Wars

http://devilsbiscuit.com/

RawMeat
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by RawMeat » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:17 pm

Dantes wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:13 pm
Shiny Days wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:58 pm she's not even top five
I’ve never watched a moment of the show and even I know this.
In fairness, just knowing the general idea of the show and seeing them, I figured Rainbow Dash was best pony, but after watching it, it's clear that it's Apple Jack and it's not even close.

Also, my daughter calls every color 'pink' and chants 'pie' every time it's time to eat, so she's in camp pinkie pie. PP is pretty cool, except especially as you get more backstory she's got a bit of a Robin Williams vibe and I'm not sure if she's going to commit suicide at some point.

RawMeat
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by RawMeat » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:18 pm

Monty wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:28 pm 1) Those symbols on their haunches are called "Cutie Marks" (like beauty marks but cuter and more merchandisable)
2) Your Cutie Mark defines who you are and what you do
3) There are these younger ponies (with even bigger eyes with more sparklies in them, etc.) who haven't gotten their Cutie Marks yet (puberty metaphor) and engage in wacky schemes to try to manifest them
4) Over time, the show focuses more on the younger, cuter ponies both as a Cousin-Oliver-From-Brady-Bunch thing and because there's only so many times the core cast can learn the same lessons about friendship
5) Anyway, I like Pinkie Pie
6) One of them is named 'scootaloo' and it's great.

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:52 pm

RawMeat wrote: In fairness, just knowing the general idea of the show and seeing them, I figured Rainbow Dash was best pony, but after watching it, it's clear that it's Apple Jack and it's not even close.
yusssss
u gotta skate

Dantes
Typewriter Monkey
Typewriter Monkey

Post by Dantes » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:12 pm

No Fluttershy fans here I see.

Juri
We're Knights of the Round Table
We attack each turn if able
Typewriter Monkey

Post by Juri » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:51 pm

does the dinosaur thingy count as a pony

RawMeat
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by RawMeat » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:55 pm

"Is a dragon a pony?," pondered Juri, almost certainly intending to incite mayhem.

Monty
Cardboard Robot
Cardboard Robot

Post by Monty » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:02 pm

No; worst character, but not worst pony.

rianalnn
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by rianalnn » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:32 pm

Crunchums wrote:
RawMeat wrote: In fairness, just knowing the general idea of the show and seeing them, I figured Rainbow Dash was best pony, but after watching it, it's clear that it's Apple Jack and it's not even close.
yusssss
team AJ represent

Subject: crippled masters

Bring on the kung-fu amputees - no arms vs. no legs anyone? A bit of high-speed underground ninja-tunneling is always good as well. I wanna see some shit like that. Crazy monks with gnarly special powers can make any film good. FACT.

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Ashenai » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:24 pm

RawMeat wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:17 pm Also, my daughter calls every color 'pink' and chants 'pie' every time it's time to eat, so she's in camp pinkie pie. PP is pretty cool, except especially as you get more backstory she's got a bit of a Robin Williams vibe and I'm not sure if she's going to commit suicide at some point.
spoilers: Pinkie Pie is not going to commit suicide at any point

Monty
Cardboard Robot
Cardboard Robot

Post by Monty » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:30 pm

Ashenai wrote:
RawMeat wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:17 pm Also, my daughter calls every color 'pink' and chants 'pie' every time it's time to eat, so she's in camp pinkie pie. PP is pretty cool, except especially as you get more backstory she's got a bit of a Robin Williams vibe and I'm not sure if she's going to commit suicide at some point.
spoilers: Pinkie Pie is not going to commit suicide at any point
She does get depressed, though

rianalnn
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by rianalnn » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:38 am

Holy heck is The Mandalorian some goooood Star Wars @____@

Subject: crippled masters

Bring on the kung-fu amputees - no arms vs. no legs anyone? A bit of high-speed underground ninja-tunneling is always good as well. I wanna see some shit like that. Crazy monks with gnarly special powers can make any film good. FACT.

RawMeat
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by RawMeat » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:48 pm

Sorry to keep bringing up MLP, but youtube keeps giving me MLP videos and I ended up watching the jenny nicholson "the applejack problem" video and it seems weird that apparently hasbro thinks applejack has no personality and that girls don't want to be a "cowgirl," but I would think that the fact that she's a cowgirl basically means she's exactly what the little girls are, right? Like, theoretically a "cowgirl pony" would ride horses and have ponies or whatever? I've never been a small child, but I assume that is a thing a small child would like?

RawMeat
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by RawMeat » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:49 pm

rianalnn wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:38 am Holy heck is The Mandalorian some goooood Star Wars @____@
I recently discovered that we are apparently paying for a version of hulu that does not include the disney+ deal, but somehow costs more than the version that does, plus I didn't even know we're subscribing to hulu, so I am either going to start saving like $15/month or watch the Mandalorian if I can get these passwords reset.

RawMeat
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by RawMeat » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:49 pm

Also my wife is a monster that hates star wars, so it will be something I can watch on my own schedule!

RawMeat
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by RawMeat » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:59 pm

I wanted to watch something sPoOky for October and almost picked up TWD where I had left off years ago, but just could not bring myself to do it. I had heard that Haunting of Hill House on Netflix was good, and saw that there was a Haunting of Bly Manor that was new, so figured I'd watch the new one. But, apparently it is actually a "gothic romance" or something. Basically, it was a terrible and cheesy romance that sort of was like "oh yeah, and there is a ghost, but now it's nice" in the last episode. I hate it!

Khaos
They should have sent a poet.
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:01 pm

i finished re-watching the last airbender with my wife (her first time watching it.) man, what a show

Doug
Forum Elf

Post by Doug » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:07 pm

Imagine a world where time drifts slowly

Dantes
Typewriter Monkey
Typewriter Monkey

Post by Dantes » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:10 pm

RawMeat wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:49 pm Also my wife is a monster that hates star wars, so it will be something I can watch on my own schedule!
Who is the monster: the person who hates Star Wars, or the person who married them anyway? :itisamystery:

Shiny Days
...but history refused to change

Post by Shiny Days » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:08 pm

RawMeat wrote:Sorry to keep bringing up MLP, but youtube keeps giving me MLP videos and I ended up watching the jenny nicholson "the applejack problem" video and it seems weird that apparently hasbro thinks applejack has no personality and that girls don't want to be a "cowgirl," but I would think that the fact that she's a cowgirl basically means she's exactly what the little girls are, right? Like, theoretically a "cowgirl pony" would ride horses and have ponies or whatever? I've never been a small child, but I assume that is a thing a small child would like?
this story is so much more interesting than just whether or not hasbro executives think applejack is a pony people like. bronies, autistic they are, keep hacking into hasbro / dhx servers, which is how they got this information. this has been great for me because now i have animatics, test versions of songs, storyboards, etc..

but this stuff, the applejack stuff is a part of a package detailing how they go forward into gen 5 and it's actually a really cool bundle of information, featuring a lot of stolen emails and back and forths in the scripts and stuff like that

you're never going to believe this but it turns out the city, white, art type folk people, very white, who when they think of orcs think of black people, consider applejack to be a trump supporter / problematic in a time of trump, and what they'd really prefer over a racist redneck from the flyover zone is a street smart black person from the streets

RawMeat
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by RawMeat » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:22 pm

Shiny Days wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:08 pm
RawMeat wrote:Sorry to keep bringing up MLP, but youtube keeps giving me MLP videos and I ended up watching the jenny nicholson "the applejack problem" video and it seems weird that apparently hasbro thinks applejack has no personality and that girls don't want to be a "cowgirl," but I would think that the fact that she's a cowgirl basically means she's exactly what the little girls are, right? Like, theoretically a "cowgirl pony" would ride horses and have ponies or whatever? I've never been a small child, but I assume that is a thing a small child would like?
this story is so much more interesting than just whether or not hasbro executives think applejack is a pony people like. bronies, autistic they are, keep hacking into hasbro / dhx servers, which is how they got this information. this has been great for me because now i have animatics, test versions of songs, storyboards, etc..

but this stuff, the applejack stuff is a part of a package detailing how they go forward into gen 5 and it's actually a really cool bundle of information, featuring a lot of stolen emails and back and forths in the scripts and stuff like that

you're never going to believe this but it turns out the city, white, art type folk people, very white, who when they think of orcs think of black people, consider applejack to be a trump supporter / problematic in a time of trump, and what they'd really prefer over a racist redneck from the flyover zone is a street smart black person from the streets
Do these get posted someplace where I won't get the canceraids by trying to search/download them? I'd be particular interested in pulling on this 'applejack is probably a MAGA' thread.

Doug
Forum Elf

Post by Doug » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:40 pm

rofl

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:48 pm

RawMeat wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:48 pm Sorry to keep bringing up MLP,
ain't a thing to be sorry for : 3
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:49 pm

Khaos wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:01 pm i finished re-watching the last airbender with my wife (her first time watching it.) man, what a show
literally my favorite show! it's so good
u gotta skate

Shiny Days

Post by Shiny Days » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:03 pm

RawMeat wrote:
Do these get posted someplace where I won't get the canceraids by trying to search/download them? I'd be particular interested in pulling on this 'applejack is probably a MAGA' thread.