sports

Probably what *this* should be called.
Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Re: sports

Post by Crunchums » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:38 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF0oDlhPn2o this guy looks like an outrageously unrealistic custom video game character
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:02 pm

i went to the NFL website and they've got the same bar of games-this-week at the top that they do during the regular season
BUF LA Thu 8:20 PM
...but that Thursday is on September 8, 2022 :omg:
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:54 am

i like this trade for the spurs. i'm low on trae young to begin with, and murray is good but i don't think he's that great. i feel like worst case the hawks are a 4-5 seed for a few years, but they could easily be much lower than that. plus this helps the spurs get off the treadmill of mediocrity

/

I like Monte Morris but I think that KCP will probably be better than him + barton
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:02 pm

durant requested a trade, lol nets
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:37 pm

what the heck
u gotta skate

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:40 pm

i know its just summer league, but i think the magic blew it.

also gimme more poku to chet action
with love, your good friend, seathesee

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:03 am

the nba is fixing take fouls [heart eyes emoji]
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:28 am

stop rewarding offensive players for creating contact please
u gotta skate

Rylinks
her skirt got quite a lot smaller,
but her heart is still the same
size it was before
Forum Elf

Post by Rylinks » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:30 am

isn't that a central part of basketball even if some details are annoying

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:53 am

did you watch the video?
u gotta skate

Rylinks
her skirt got quite a lot smaller,
but her heart is still the same
size it was before
Forum Elf

Post by Rylinks » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:10 am

i did not watch the thirty minute video no

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:15 am

it is a good video
but anyway, one of the video's points is that it didn't used to be like that
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:12 pm

F
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:54 pm

some absolutely huge nba news: oh and also this happened
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:33 pm

:omg:
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:34 pm

u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:12 pm

let's gooooooooo
u gotta skate

Luna
...but history refused to change

Post by Luna » Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:47 am

they're gonna have to raise the net

Skeletor
How'd you know that loving kittens is my one defining trait?
Forum Elf

Post by Skeletor » Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:27 am

wow, [you]. that all sounds terrible. i hope it gets better for you

Luna

Post by Luna » Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:20 am

basketballs in the hoop already

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:30 am

the nba is starting soon :)
sea I hope you are ready to predict the west
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:54 am

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/win-totals/ on 10/11/22
Spoiler!
Phoenix Suns 52.5
Los Angeles Clippers 52.5
Golden State Warriors 51.5

Denver Nuggets 49.5
Memphis Grizzlies 48.5
Dallas Mavericks 48.5
Minnesota Timberwolves 48.5

Los Angeles Lakers 45.5
New Orleans Pelicans 44.5

Portland Trail Blazers 39.5

Sacramento Kings 33.5

Utah Jazz 24.5
Oklahoma City Thunder 23.5
Houston Rockets 23.5
San Antonio Spurs 22.5
1-3 should be great
clippers - Kawhi back from injury, Paul George, and absurd depth
warriors - Steph/(healthier-)Klay/Draymond (gotta believe they're gonna recover from the recent drama) plus Wiggins/Looney/Poole/DiVincenzo plus at least one of Wiseman/Kuminga/Moody will probably pop
nuggets - Jokic alone got them to 48 wins and now they've got Murray and MPJ back, plus now they've got KCP and Bruce Brown

4-5 should be good
mavs - losing Brunson is rough, but I think Luka is gonna go nuclear this year, plus Hardaway is back
suns - bad vibes (the ayton / monty williams stuff / Jae Crowder is requesting a trade?!? also the sarver stuff) + chris paul is 37, but probably they're still really good even if there's some risk they crash and burn

6-8 good but not as good
griz - JJJ being out for a while is gonna hurt
wolves - gobert is good for regular season wins, plus year 3 of anthony edwards
pelicans - with zion/cj/ingram (and herb!) i think their ceiling is high, but i have trouble trusting it (can their defense be ok instead of terrible?)

9-11 meh
lakers - i believe in lebron and AD but not their team
blazers - i think their offense is going to be good and their defense is going to be awful
kings - probably someone above them will get injured and they'll end up 10th, but it would be much funnier if they finished 11th

12-13 tanking but with spicy young talent
thunder - shai/dort/giddey
rockets

14-15 tanking and bad
spurs - tanking but they have some promising-ish young players, and is pop on board with it?
jazz - tanking with more determination and without promising young players (and they'll trade their veterans)
u gotta skate

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:30 pm

i havent put a ton of thought into this, as ive been very kings-focused during the p off/pre-season (its an exciting year). heres my gut with a side of homerism:

1) nuggets--this looks like their year to me. the team is better. injuries have more or less healed. they have the reigning mvp. they have a lot of experience with each other. they look like a utah of a few years ago regular season team to me.

2) warriors--reigning champs. have their core still. come back with most of their guys. losing otto porter and gp2 isnt great, but ive heard wiseman looked like an nba player in a preason game they had. i dont think the draymond stuff matters--there was a similar dynamic with kd his last year, and they wouldve won the ring that year if not for every key player getting injured down the stretch. moody, wiseman, and kuminga could all make leap this year. would not be surprised to see them win another ring.

3) clippers--they look great on paper. a lot of questions re: kawaii, though, both in terms of how many regular season games he'll play and if hes still the same guy we saw two years ago. could be the best team by a long shot or could land as an 8 seed.

4) twolves--i think theyre better this year. gobert is a great regular season player. theyre on the come up. edwards could become a top 10 guy. im a believer, particularly in the regular season.

this is where it gets a little more blurry to me. the next three could really be in any order

5) suns--im pretty down on the suns. i think putting them at 5 is sort of charitable. all the drama you said--ayton/monty, sarver, the playoff exit, losing to maccabi in the preseason, crowder, etc. chris paul is looking worse every year, and they should sit him a lot of regular season games. im not as high on booker as the media is. i could honestly see them in a play in series and not make the playoffs (fingers crossed).

6) pelicans--im a believer. this team looks GOOD. the playoff series last year vs the suns was so fun and i fell in love with the team. ingram and mccollum looked great. herb jones is exactly the type of role player you want. they look like they could take a step even without zion coming back, and zion is coming back. zion may be a top 5 guy by the end of the year. i could see them making a grizzlies-esque leap this year and ending in the top 4. ive almost conviced myself to put them over the suns writing this.

7) grizzlies--i think they overperformed last year. JJJ is missing a third of the season. they lost a bunch of their good role players. im not convinced Ja is the kind of guy you want as your best player on a team. they have a lot of solid guys, though, and theyve shown they can do it without Ja. i'll be very unsurprised if theyre higher than 8 at the end of the year, but i seriously doubt theyll be a 3 seed again.

8) mavs--team got worse. i think theyre more of a playoff team than a regular season one. luka will win a lot of games, but if he gets hurt theyre basically a thunder level team.

9) KINGS--*deep breath* the kings look like they have a real team this year! i think keegan is the real deal--hes been amazing in summer league and the preseason. huerter is real. malik monk is good bench depth. fox and sabonis looked great last year. it feels like the kings made the right coach with mike brown. they have pretty good depth. im being a little homery putting them in over the lakers, but i think they could be even higher if certain teams hit injuries. i would lock them in for a play in spot at the least.

10) lakers--lebron and AD and...not much else. im not convinced ham is the guy. westbrook lingers. they have no depth. theyll be higher if they go injury free, but history says that will not be the case.

11) blazers--they really just dont look good. theres a lot of bad vibes coming out of this team. billups may not be a great coach. nurk is in decline. that said, they look better than last year on paper. dame and simons are great guys to have in your front court. i could see them being higher, it just looks pretty bad right now.

12) rockets--green is good. they have some other guys. i see them playing harder than the other tankathon teams.

13) OKC--they have some guys. i think the chet injury locks them into another year of panzer status.

14) spurs--i think pop will get them tring harder than the jazz, but theyve traded away the farm and the roster looks pretty bleak. they have some good mid guys i guess--keldon johnson, vassell, poeltl, sochan, etc.

15) jazz--clarkson is the best player left, right? sexton maybe? anyways.

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:04 pm

seathesee wrote:i dont think the draymond stuff matters--there was a similar dynamic with kd his last year, and they wouldve won the ring that year if not for every key player getting injured down the stretch.
getting into it verbally is a bit different than throwing a punch though fwiw
u gotta skate

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:14 pm

Crunchums wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:04 pm
seathesee wrote:i dont think the draymond stuff matters--there was a similar dynamic with kd his last year, and they wouldve won the ring that year if not for every key player getting injured down the stretch.
getting into it verbally is a bit different than throwing a punch though fwiw
for sure. i dont think poole got hurt by the punch, though. it would be different if he suffered an injury from it.

honestly, i think the video leak itself was more damaging to poole (from his pov), because now he has to live with everyone knowing he got punched and people feeling sorry for him and talking about him as a victim.

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:42 pm

looks like our tier-level disagreements are about the mavs (i'm higher) and the wolves (you're higher)
your opinions make sense to me
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:11 am

ja
u gotta skate

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:57 am

Sharpe looks good. He’s not going to be as much of a project as everyone said he was leading up to the draft.

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:11 am

nba good
u gotta skate