Probably what *this* should be called.
Rylinks
her skirt got quite a lot smaller,
but her heart is still the same
size it was before
Forum Elf

Re: sports

Post by Rylinks » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:06 am

NFL analysts: the ravens run game is extremely sophisticated and involves multiple disguises that make it hard for the defense to recognize where the ball is going
the ravens run game:

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:14 am

(the O line is the funny part)
u gotta skate

Doug
Has anybody seen my parrot
Forum Elf

Post by Doug » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:34 pm

Commentators' Curse
It's your turn in Cthulhu Wars
It's your turn in Squirrel Wars
It's your turn in Demon Wars
It's your turn in Wall Street Wars

http://devilsbiscuit.com/

the_zoomies
Attaboy! You finished my labyrinth and I'm proud of you!
Let's party like it's 1899

Post by the_zoomies » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:11 pm

Doug wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:34 pm Commentators' Curse
:lol:

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:44 pm

https://youtu.be/arcYlq_3Du4?t=62
Spoiler!
saints score a TD (worth 6 points)
scoreboard overlay: patriots +2, then gives 4 points to the patriots
what? :lol:
u gotta skate

Jeb Bush 2012
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by Jeb Bush 2012 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:47 pm

Crunchums wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:44 pm https://youtu.be/arcYlq_3Du4?t=62
Spoiler!
saints score a TD (worth 6 points)
scoreboard overlay: patriots +2, then gives 4 points to the patriots
what? :lol:
Spoiler!
this wasn't even the only time that game, there was another saints touchdown where the patriots got randomly credited with a safety for a few seconds

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:57 pm

Jeb Bush 2012 wrote:
Spoiler!
this wasn't even the only time that game, there was another saints touchdown where the patriots got randomly credited with a safety for a few seconds
maybe the person responsible has more than one job, but seems like a job you would want to get right

//
Spoiler!
cool that he broke the previous record by 2 yards as opposed to 1 yard
u gotta skate

Doug
Has anybody seen my parrot
Forum Elf

Post by Doug » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:18 am

It's perfect that the NFL doesn't want me watching that
It's your turn in Cthulhu Wars
It's your turn in Squirrel Wars
It's your turn in Demon Wars
It's your turn in Wall Street Wars

http://devilsbiscuit.com/

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:33 pm

u gotta skate

the_zoomies
Attaboy! You finished my labyrinth and I'm proud of you!
Let's party like it's 1899

Post by the_zoomies » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:16 pm

Crunchums wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:33 pm
What's the call on that if the other team recovers?

(Also, I love the sovereign citizen tier "Fair use" disclaimers on these videos)

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:24 pm

i would be surprised if the rules accounted for that possibility; my guess is "tough luck" (i.e. the other team recovers as if it had just been a normal play)
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:54 pm

https://youtu.be/CVl0hTaIOOw?t=98
Spoiler!
you have so little running to do, and you're still gonna hurt your team by not trying in a game where your season is on the line?
lol baseball players
u gotta skate

Rylinks
her skirt got quite a lot smaller,
but her heart is still the same
size it was before
Forum Elf

Post by Rylinks » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:01 pm

i don't think misjudging the flight of a ball in an unusual park is not trying any more than football players are not trying when they mistakenly think a play is over

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:02 pm

i do
u gotta skate

Jeb Bush 2012
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by Jeb Bush 2012 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:26 am

Rylinks wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:01 pm i don't think misjudging the flight of a ball in an unusual park is not trying any more than football players are not trying when they mistakenly think a play is over
I think that and I also think that neutral zone infractions mean they're trying too hard

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:55 pm

(it's the first tweet in a thread)
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:45 pm

https://youtu.be/9J_FQUUiS0M?t=842
lol
Spoiler!
the offense doesn't want to score a TD, but the defense wants the offense to so the defenders pushed the RB into the endzone
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:20 pm

sea are you excited for the NBA to start
i am excited
u gotta skate

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:31 pm

Crunchums wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:20 pm sea are you excited for the NBA to start
i am excited
i am MEGA excited.

the kings look really fun this year. they are doing that thing where they give me hope and i think maybe there is a slightly larger chance than usual i will not be let down halfway through the year.

also the east being maybe better than the west for the first time in two decades is neat. lots of fun storylines already.
with love, your good friend, seathesee

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:36 pm

davion mitchell is a winner.

he won his high school championship. he won the ncaa championship. he won the summer league championship. he is undefeated in the nba preseason. dare i say the trend continues?

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:45 pm

i think the east is only better better at the top (Brooklyn and Milwaukee); outside of that I think the west is better, even accounting for the big injuries (Kawhi, Klay, Jamal Murray)
i don't buy that the kings are going anywhere in the near future, but it's not crazy to think they could make the play-in this year
they have some players who i'd be happy to have on my team (Haliburton + Mitchell is an exciting place to be), but they're lacking the top level talent. i don't think a team built around fox ever goes anywhere
fox for simmons would be fun
u gotta skate

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:53 pm

i agree re: fox. im not sure id do fox for simmons straight up anymore, especially if davion ends up being a high level defender in the regular season (like he has at every single other level of competition). i think simmons' value is at an all time low, and its going to get lower. him reporting is not going to make things better for the organization. hes not going to play or hes going to be phoning it in. now they have to pay him. now hes going to be locker room cancer.

fox is sort of the third most important piece on this team to my mind. i think haliburton is the highest ceiling player. davion is the perimeter defense they needed. fox can score in the paint. richaun is a servicable center who can add 10 a night. if buddy cleans up his act and decides he wants to be there, great, we have a pretty balanced team. if not, thats the role we need to fill without him, bjelicia, and bogdanovic.

fox for mccollum+ maybe?

also agree re: the east. i think its so top-heavy, though, that the sum of the parts might be greater. atlanta looks really solid. maybe the bulls are a thing. we get to see what the pacers look like with a good coach. maybe the knicks get better. maybe the heat are better. etc.

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:55 pm

also, put me down for not believing in the mavericks.

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:58 pm

the l.a. teams are worse this year. the jazz' spirit might be broken. golden state may not improve. denver may not improve. etc.

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:06 am

time to predict the west
538 thinks

Jazz
Suns

Nuggets
Mavs
Blazers
Pelicans

Clippers

Griz
Lakers
Wolves

Warriors
Spurs

Kings

Rockets
Thunder

that seems a bit nuts in a few places

i'm lower on Blazers (always have a billion injuries and no depth), Pelicans (the team that went 30-42 and finished 13th? and zion is coming back from foot surgery? and they lost Lonzo?), Wolves (Anthony Edwards should improve, otherwise why are they getting better? maybe because KAT's life stops being so brutal?) and higher on the Lakers (for the regular season at least). So I'm thinking

Jazz
Suns (though inevitably they're not going to be as healthy this year)
Nuggets (missing Murray is gonna hurt but they're still really good)

Mavs (Luka is an MVP candidate, I don't believe in Porzingis but he'll probably be at least a little better. I'd put them above the Nuggets except that I don't trust Jason Kidd)
Lakers
Blazers (i think this year either goes very well or very poorly, especially with a new HC)
Warriors
Clippers (missing Kahwi is gonna hurt but they're still good)

Griz

Kings
Spurs
Wolves
Pelicans

Thunder (over the Rockets because they had trouble tanking last year and they still have Shai)
Rockets (earlier into their panzer and don't have a player like Shai)
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:16 am

seathesee wrote:fox ... haliburton ... davion ... buddy
the reason that i think they should trade fox is i don't think it makes sense to construct a team this heavily around guards when none of them are in the Curry/Lillard mold. however good of a player fox can be he can't take you anywhere until he can shoot. which hey it's funny that we're talking about trading him for simmons, but i see it as a buy low on simmons + oh yeah fox is younger but actually that's whatever because like i said until he can shoot etc
fox for mccollum+ maybe?
why would the blazers do that
also agree re: the east. i think its so top-heavy, though, that the sum of the parts might be greater. atlanta looks really solid. maybe the bulls are a thing. we get to see what the pacers look like with a good coach. maybe the knicks get better. maybe the heat are better. etc.

the l.a. teams are worse this year. the jazz' spirit might be broken. golden state may not improve. denver may not improve. etc.
chicago i don't buy - their defense is going to be ass
the pacers are mediocre at best like they always are
the knicks are whatever; i don't think they're actually that good, just thibs has them trying harder than the other team in the regular season

atlanda and boston should be good, miami should be decent (though i think they're scarier in the playoffs than the regular season), philly ??? but emibiid finished 2nd in MVP last year (but but he's going to get injured)
i still think the west is better from 3 to 13
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:18 am

seathesee wrote:i think simmons' value is at an all time low, and its going to get lower. him reporting is not going to make things better for the organization. hes not going to play or hes going to be phoning it in. now they have to pay him. now hes going to be locker room cancer.
i predict otherwise: my bet is he's going to behave well both on and off the court (while still requesting to be traded) in order to boost his trade value
u gotta skate

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:11 pm

Crunchums wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:16 am
fox for mccollum+ maybe?
why would the blazers do that
i think i like fox more than you. hes still a very valuable player despite not being the archetype you want to build your franchise around. hes faster than everyone. hes a good passer. he can score.

hes not redundant on the blazers like mccollum is with lillard/powell/simons. hes younger. hes a better athlete. they need to shake it up.

i dont think thats a particularly likely trade or anything, just the sort of one i think the kings would want to make if they were going to get off fox.

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:50 pm

Crunchums wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:06 am time to predict the west
538 thinks

Jazz
Suns

Nuggets
Mavs
Blazers
Pelicans

Clippers

Griz
Lakers
Wolves

Warriors
Spurs

Kings

Rockets
Thunder

that seems a bit nuts in a few places

i'm lower on Blazers (always have a billion injuries and no depth), Pelicans (the team that went 30-42 and finished 13th? and zion is coming back from foot surgery? and they lost Lonzo?), Wolves (Anthony Edwards should improve, otherwise why are they getting better? maybe because KAT's life stops being so brutal?) and higher on the Lakers (for the regular season at least). So I'm thinking

Jazz
Suns (though inevitably they're not going to be as healthy this year)
Nuggets (missing Murray is gonna hurt but they're still really good)

Mavs (Luka is an MVP candidate, I don't believe in Porzingis but he'll probably be at least a little better. I'd put them above the Nuggets except that I don't trust Jason Kidd)
Lakers
Blazers (i think this year either goes very well or very poorly, especially with a new HC)
Warriors
Clippers (missing Kahwi is gonna hurt but they're still good)

Griz

Kings
Spurs
Wolves
Pelicans

Thunder (over the Rockets because they had trouble tanking last year and they still have Shai)
Rockets (earlier into their panzer and don't have a player like Shai)
just to get something in before the season starts...

my initial impression, not having thought super hard on this, and not having a ton of information, but still having followed the offseason somewhat is:

FOR THE REGULAR SEASON

Jazz
Suns

Nuggets
Warriors (wiseman has had another year, klay may come back, good rookies, sounds like team is more dialed in this year)
Mavs
Blazers

Lakers
Clippers

Griz
Kings
Wolves

Spurs
Pelicans (zion is hurt and unhappy and i dont think the roster got any better)

Rockets
Thunder

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:16 pm

looking at where we disagree...

you're higher on the warriors (4 vs. 7), lower on the lakers (7 vs. 5), a little lower on the mavs (5 vs. 4), and you flipped Wolves/Spurs and Rockets/Thunder; otherwise we completely agree
i have trouble seeing the Lakers with Lebron/AD/Westbrook finishing 7th in the regular season if they stay healthy (of course a huge caveat)
the Warriors I think will be good, but who is their third best player without Klay? and we don't know when Klay is coming back or how close to his former self he'll be when he does
u gotta skate