Post by seathesee » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:50 am

Revenge game
with love, your good friend, seathesee

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Re: sports

Post by seathesee » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:54 am

Steven adams is a pretty fun player to focus on. He’s constantly having little personal interactions with other players. The rest of the time he’s bullying people with his mass. Memphis is such a perfect situation for him.

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:28 am

nugs babyyyyy
u gotta skate

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:34 pm

seathesee wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:30 pm 11) blazers--they really just dont look good.
swing and a miss. no wait, its a brick.

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:06 pm

seathesee wrote:
seathesee wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:30 pm 11) blazers--they really just dont look good.
i still think they're going to be a play-in team. if i could tweak at this point i'd
* bump pelicans above the wolves
* drop the lakers below the kings
u gotta skate

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:19 pm

Crunchums wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:06 pm
seathesee wrote:
i still think they're going to be a play-in team. if i could tweak at this point i'd
* bump pelicans above the wolves
* drop the lakers below the kings
i could see them being 6+ the way theyve looked. they beat the suns and the nuggets. simons looks way better than i expected, and ive always been a simons believer. sharpe looks real. hart and winslow are really filling in some holes the blazers have had over the past few years. eubanks looks like a relevant bench guy. i think they might be the surprise team of the year.

agree with your tweaks, though id like to see the kings actually win one first.

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:43 pm

dropping the lakers is definitely more about the lakers than the kings, heh
6+ seems difficult - i could buy them being better than the wolves (wolves at 7 was mostly a "add rudy gobert -> get more wins" than any actual optimism about the team) but [clippers warriors nuggets mavs suns griz pels]? i think their ceiling is 7
u gotta skate

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:55 pm

i could see them being higher than the grizzlies, pelicans, suns and mavs. interesting things have been going on in the west these first few games.

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:01 pm

this is not meant as a call out post, or anything like that, but...i probably think about this interaction more than any other interaction ive had on this forum (emphasis added):
Crunchums wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:14 pm
seathesee wrote: i feel like youre fundamentally underestimating wiggins. look at his stats vs. russels this year. theyre basically the same. russel is playing on a team where he doesnt have to compete for stats and wiggins is playing with a top 20 (15? 10?) guy. wiggins has a ton of potential--he was a first overall pick. he hasnt lived up to that potential, but its still there.

look at markelle fultz. he performed way worse than wiggins, a fellow number one overall. hes coming out of it this year, though. turns out some guys just have to work on stuff for a few years to meet their potential in the nba. at golden
state, wiggins will, hypothetically, have better coaching and a better training staff. he could legitimately become an all nba guy.
i don't think their stats are "basically the same", i think russell's are better. though after listening to a podcast, one point about this trade is that russell isn't actually that good
i think wiggins is way passed the "still has potential" point - I think we've seen enough of him to be confident that he is what he is (just not very good). and of course he'll look better next to steph/klay, but i don't think we're going to see any transformation

fultz is a totally different case for a lot of reasons. he's on year 3 vs year 6 for one thing. but mostly, the issue with fultz was injury or maybe mental, but when he was bad you could easily say well we're not seeing what he could be. like i said, i think if there was a better player that wiggins could be then we would have seen it by now

like "he could legitimately become an all nba guy" ?? if i were a better man, i would bet you so much money that he never makes an all nba team
do you think this could be the year? i think it might be. wiggins is looking good and is pretty solidly the second best player on the reigning championship team who looks to be a contender again this year.

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:35 pm

seathesee wrote:i could see them being higher than the grizzlies, pelicans, suns and mavs. interesting things have been going on in the west these first few games.
they're 4-0 and they just blew out the nuggets because simons went nuts, but those other three games are over the Kings, Lakers, and Suns by a combination of 11 points. they're better than expected, but that's because expectations were so low
seathesee wrote:this is not meant as a call out post, or anything like that, but...i probably think about this interaction more than any other interaction ive had on this forum (emphasis added):
do you think this could be the year? i think it might be. wiggins is looking good and is pretty solidly the second best player on the reigning championship team who looks to be a contender again this year.
no. he's a solid role player, not a "top 6 at his position" guy. giannis tatum durant siakam PG kawhi butler lebron... obv those are just Names and it's not impossible, but i'm not buying it
u gotta skate

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:10 pm

ftr im counting all nba defensive teams too

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:42 pm

that also seems unlikely to me. he's a solid defender, but you look at past all-defense teams https://www.nba.com/news/history-all-defensive-team and those names are way more than solid defenders
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:53 am

oh also
Crunchums wrote: if i could tweak at this point i'd
me putting the clippers at 1 was dumb; even if they're good and deep Kawhi and PG are going to miss a lot of games. they should be at 3 at the highest, but probably they'll end up even lower than that

oh and Bucks > Warriors in the finals
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:57 pm

lol lakers
u gotta skate

Luna
...but history refused to change
...but history refused to change

Post by Luna » Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:31 am

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:11 pm

u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:54 pm

(nice that the way tweets are displayed on this forum is exactly what i want here; I think that's the first time ever)
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:40 pm

lol @ nets winning the first game they play with Kyrie suspended by 42 (against the Wizards though)
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:22 pm

u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:38 am

u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:11 am

my favorite part was his expression of disbelief 10 seconds in: https://twitter.com/Bruce_Jr5/status/15 ... 9113346048
u gotta skate

haplo
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by haplo » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:35 pm

Qatar should have paid extra money to not have to field a WC team so they wouldn't be embarrassed by how bad they are

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Ashenai » Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:52 pm

Crunchums wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:11 am my favorite part was his expression of disbelief 10 seconds in: https://twitter.com/Bruce_Jr5/status/15 ... 9113346048
What happened here?

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:20 pm

in basketball the refs can give "technical fouls" to players/coaches for bad behavior - usually complaining about calls too much or too aggressively
here are some examples of kevin durant (the person who wrote the tweet with text in it and one of the greatest basketball players of all time) getting called for technical fouls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1n2VaVqLhM

on that play, Jayson Tatum got called for a regular foul (correctly, and I doubt he disagrees with it) and then claps his hands in frustration, and then gets hit with a tech(nical foul) for it, to which his reaction is "wait, what!?!" because he wasn't even complaining about the call

the league has since rescinded it, which is no consolation for the call in the game (the other team still gets a free throw, though the celtics ended up winning that game) but still (sort of) matters because there are rules like you get fined or suspended or something if you get too many technical fouls in a season
u gotta skate

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Ashenai » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:52 am

Thanks! That was a bullshit call.

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:24 am

yep! funny too though, lol
basketball is a tough game to officiate, but then on top of that refs sometimes make egregious calls or miss absurdly obvious calls
here's probably my favorite ridiculous tech https://youtu.be/a2SYIrUnf5Y?t=35 (watch until at least 2:30)
u gotta skate

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Ashenai » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:28 am

lol I would have gotten so many technical fouls while watching that

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:54 am

here are some more moments of absurdly bad officiating
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--ZGVmYldVk (this youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/@CoshReport/videos is pretty great in general)
also unrelated but lol https://www.youtube.com/shorts/0cYZ4UZPW5w
u gotta skate