sports

Probably what *this* should be called.
haplo
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Re: sports

Post by haplo » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:31 am

Jeb Bush 2012 wrote:
haplo wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:05 am I guess this is how you stop people from bleeding in judo
judo.jpg
new mask wearing technique just dropped
unfortunately he got wrecked 20 seconds after this screenshot was taken

Shiny Days
...but history refused to change

Post by Shiny Days » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:00 am

increase the jockstraps

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:19 pm

i don't get why the lakers would do this
maybe i'm underrating westbrook. also i guess those players they would be giving up are pretty whatever
u gotta skate

Skeletor
How'd you know that loving kittens is my one defining trait?
Forum Elf

Post by Skeletor » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:08 pm

i posted this on discord too but i'm amazed by how illegal women rugby sevens looks usa vs japan
BCADDA82-42D1-4B5D-8A23-DE6CB51517AB.png
BCADDA82-42D1-4B5D-8A23-DE6CB51517AB.png (3.64 MiB) Viewed 2720 times
080A828A-7ADE-4406-A482-901E8623BCFE.jpeg
080A828A-7ADE-4406-A482-901E8623BCFE.jpeg (165.2 KiB) Viewed 2720 times
wow, [you]. that all sounds terrible. i hope it gets better for you

haplo
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by haplo » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:46 pm

Skeletor wrote:i posted this on discord too but i'm amazed by how illegal women rugby sevens looks usa vs japan
and also apparently out of 58 international teams, this is also the rank 6 vs rank 12 matchup

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:42 pm

i was pretty annoyed with the kings pick as it was happening.

upon further reflection im liking it more. davion mitchell might be the "dont overthink it" pick of the draft. he was the best player on the best team in (probably) the best farm league for the nba. sure, hes a littel bit smaller and older than youd generally like, but see prior sentence.

it signals we are probably moving off fox or haliburton--hopefully fox. i like fox. i think hes a great player. i just dont think hes necessarily a guy that makes you win. hes not a great shooter. hes not a great defender. hes in the westbrook mold. id rather have someone in the steph or chris paul mold (like haliburton). davion mitchell could be our jrue holiday, and we can pick up another nice piece moving off fox.
with love, your good friend, seathesee

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:45 pm

Crunchums wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:19 pm maybe i'm underrating westbrook.
i dont think you are. doesnt make much sense to me either.

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:54 pm

i agree that you're probably not going anywhere with Fox if he can't become a better shooter. but idk how much you would even get for him if you traded him. still might be right to move on even if you can't get that much. though then it feels inevitable that he'll become a better shooter for another team, lol kings

/

the thing about the westbrook thing is i think it does help them in the regular season. but it will hurt them in the playoffs
u gotta skate

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:17 pm

Crunchums wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:54 pm i agree that you're probably not going anywhere with Fox if he can't become a better shooter. but idk how much you would even get for him if you traded him. still might be right to move on even if you can't get that much. though then it feels inevitable that he'll become a better shooter for another team, lol kings
i think he still has good trade value. he could be a substantial part of a simmons trade for instance. he could return a mid level guy and some picks. its sad to say, but ideally the kings are staying in rebuild mode. the playoff drought hurts, but at least were used to it. :sadlol:
Crunchums wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:54 pmthe thing about the westbrook thing is i think it does help them in the regular season. but it will hurt them in the playoffs
i dont disagree, but i dont think the lakers really need that. healthy ad and lebron should be able to get through the playoffs regardless of playoff seed. westbrook has been injury prone the last few years. when they were gunning for hield that made way more sense to me. hield is one of those guys that will get better when he leaves sac. hes a bad attitude guy, and those guys never do well in sac. hield might be one of the biggest underperformers in the league not right now as related to their current situation.

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:26 pm

seathesee wrote: its sad to say, but ideally the kings are staying in rebuild mode
yeah i mean especially with the west the way it is right now
i dont disagree, but i dont think the lakers really need that. healthy ad and lebron should be able to get through the playoffs regardless of playoff seed.
they could have used it last year! if lebron stays healthy then yeah they're fine, but he's old. AD doesn't stay healthy.
westbrook has been injury prone the last few years. when they were gunning for hield that made way more sense to me. hield is one of those guys that will get better when he leaves sac. hes a bad attitude guy, and those guys never do well in sac. hield might be one of the biggest underperformers in the league not right now as related to their current situation.
completely agree
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:32 pm

i wish Beale weren't so loyal to the wizards. i respect the intent, but it's one thing for someone like lillard to be loyal to the blazers, who may not be true championship contenders but at least are good and capable of winning playoff rounds, and it's another thing to be loyal to a team whose ceiling is getting crushed in the first round. idk maybe he stays and in 2-3 years the wizards go places, but it seems unlikely to me. stop wasting good years on a trash franchise my dude! the smart fans wouldn't even be mad at you!
u gotta skate

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:49 pm

i have a different outlook on this being a small market guy. i love when players are loyal to their teams like that.

i think the wizards are in a decent place too. they almost made the playoffs last year, and the second half of the season looked a lot better than the first. if not for injuries, they had a good chance of making the playoffs. i really like rui. hes got a giannis body and he improves every year. i followed him closely in college. dude could barely play his freshman year, and ended up being the best player on the team by the time he was drafted. if you compare him to giannis, hes still early in the timeline. i think theres a good chance there are big things ahead for rui whether hes in dc or elsewhere. deni seems like hell be a good roleplayer at the least for a while longer. kuzma could mature into a brandon ingram level player (though i wouldnt bet on it). the east is still pretty soft. the wizards have potential in the near and mid term.

i also think beal is kind of overrated and the wizards could get more for him down the stretch when teams are more willing to overpay for the postseason. the wizards will get a better idea where they are at later too. it makes sense to wait to me.

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:55 pm

it's cool, but only up to a point. i don't want good players to waste their careers, you know?
i agree that Rui has potential
he may be a little overrated, but he's still really good and also very scalable
oh I realized i typed Beale instead of Beal in that previous post, oops
u gotta skate

haplo
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by haplo » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:00 pm

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:52 am

u gotta skate

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:51 pm

i heard that technique and technology in swimming has improved to the point that womens times this year are reaching mens times from the 70s, which is pretty crazy.

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:44 pm

huh, i had heard technology, but technique? was there really that much room to improve on technique?
u gotta skate

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:08 pm

so i heard. *shrug*

it makes sense to me with the improvement in technology. better recordings, ability to analyze specific movements, tweaks become necessary to maximize new suits, etc. i really have no idea, though. just something i heard and found interesting.

Shiny Days

Post by Shiny Days » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:16 am

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Ashenai » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:38 pm

Crunchums wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:44 pm huh, i had heard technology, but technique? was there really that much room to improve on technique?
There's a ton of sophisticated biomechanics research now to find optimal technique. In the 70s it was all lolz, whatever you feel works best for you, you're the athlete. We're very far past that now, and it shows.

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Ashenai » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:39 pm

also the performance-enhancing drugs are better. I guess that's technology.

Doug
Has anybody seen my parrot
Forum Elf

Post by Doug » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:48 pm

Crunchums wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:44 pm huh, i had heard technology, but technique? was there really that much room to improve on technique?
For sure. The early swimmers used to go in a circle. This led to some great swimming, but no actual competitive finishes. Then they tried swimming up and down. This also failed to produce results. Finally, a breakthrough -- one of the competitors tried swimming back and forth
It's your turn in Cthulhu Wars
It's your turn in Squirrel Wars
It's your turn in Demon Wars
It's your turn in Wall Street Wars

http://devilsbiscuit.com/

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Ashenai » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:54 pm

should never have been allowed. I miss the up-and-down days

the_zoomies
Attaboy! You finished my labyrinth and I'm proud of you!
Let's party like it's 1899

Post by the_zoomies » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:40 pm

What? Yes! Always

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:13 am

The LA Clippers are trading Patrick Beverley, Rajon Rondo and Daniel Oturu to the Memphis Grizzlies for guard Eric Bledsoe

The deal saves the Clippers $30 million in luxury tax and creates an $8.3 million traded player exception they will have a year to use.
i dunno how to feel about this. Beverley is a better shooter. is Bledsoe a better defender? I guess Reggie Jackson is their starting point guard anyway. idk, for $30 million sure i guess. maybe they can do something with the trade exception
u gotta skate

the_zoomies

Post by the_zoomies » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:14 am

huh, Rando's not in the top 10 oldest players. That's crazy.

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:41 pm

u gotta skate

the_zoomies

Post by the_zoomies » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:06 am

Crunchums wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:41 pm
A little Freda Payne for y'all

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:42 am

u gotta skate

Jeb Bush 2012