Typewriter Monkey

It's Videogames

Post by Juri » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:11 pm

KingRamz
We are not amused.
Cardboard Robot

Re: It's Videogames

Post by KingRamz » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:17 pm

So what was it you said when you quoted me, katonky? I assume it was a response to my post about how I'd trade you a Sandshrew whenever, but the thread is now lost to the abyss...

Oh did I mention that Link Between Worlds is good? I just got to the second world and the game has grabbed me by the balls. I'm really having to work to resist googling stuff about it because I want to continue playing blind.

Doug
Has anybody seen my parrot
Forum Elf

Post by Doug » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:21 pm

Let's see

1. I'm playing Tempest 4000, I have all the Xbox Live high scores in the galaxy
2. I'm playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey, it is neat
It's your turn in Cthulhu Wars
It's your turn in Squirrel Wars
It's your turn in Demon Wars
It's your turn in Wall Street Wars

http://devilsbiscuit.com/

Aeldaar
Adding Machine
Adding Machine

Post by Aeldaar » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:27 pm

video games!

Aeldaar
Adding Machine
Adding Machine

Post by Aeldaar » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:33 pm

btw I've gotten five points in kaizo trap and challenge anyone else to do the same

Juri
We're Knights of the Round Table
We attack each turn if able
Typewriter Monkey

Post by Juri » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:38 pm

i feel like that's almost more a web puzzle. is notpron a videogame? it somehow doesn't feel like one. maybe they both are tho

Aeldaar
Adding Machine
Adding Machine

Post by Aeldaar » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:39 pm

Juri wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:38 pm i feel like that's almost more a web puzzle. is notpron a videogame? it somehow doesn't feel like one. maybe they both are tho
kaizo has decision points, failure states, and a score system. Seems more gamey than walking simulators

Juri
Typewriter Monkey

Post by Juri » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:41 pm

Aeldaar wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:39 pmfailure states
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRCM0jWEQjQ

Faceless
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by Faceless » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:46 pm

I'm playing
Rainbow Six Siege
Arena
and both of these games are good enough at the whole daily / weekly treadmill that they keep me busy

Also Jack is playing Super Mario Odyssey (it's a spin off from Assassin's Creed Odyssey starring Ezio's uncle) and Super Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
"Ireland’s Ireland and Scotland’s Scotland anyone who thinks different is a cunt" - Liam Gallagher

KingRamz
We are not amused.
Cardboard Robot

Post by KingRamz » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:53 pm

I've really been enjoying Arena and playing every day, but I took yesterday off because I really just want to draft Ravnica. Might give that a shot tonight.

catonkeyboard
Attaboy! You finished my labyrinth and I'm proud of you!
Let's party like it's 1899

Post by catonkeyboard » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:33 pm

KingRamz wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:17 pm So what was it you said when you quoted me, katonky? I assume it was a response to my post about how I'd trade you a Sandshrew whenever, but the thread is now lost to the abyss...

Oh did I mention that Link Between Worlds is good? I just got to the second world and the game has grabbed me by the balls. I'm really having to work to resist googling stuff about it because I want to continue playing blind.
My DS is finally in my house!

My body however is in Baltimore then Prague.

I really appreciate it and will holler when I’m back in the states, disproving American exceptionalism
27/50 states of cats on keyboards
|X,,,,X,,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,,,,X,,X,X,X,X,X,,,,X,,X,,X,,,X,,X,X,X,,X,,X,X,,,,,X,|

Faceless
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by Faceless » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:31 pm

Dunkey describes Assassin's Creed Odyssey as "You see everything there is to do in the first ten hours, then there's thirty hours more" and it feels like a pretty good summary of most of the last ten years of the series.
"Ireland’s Ireland and Scotland’s Scotland anyone who thinks different is a cunt" - Liam Gallagher

Doug
Has anybody seen my parrot
Forum Elf

Post by Doug » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:02 pm

Faceless wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:31 pm Dunkey describes Assassin's Creed Odyssey as "You see everything there is to do in the first ten hours, then there's thirty hours more" and it feels like a pretty good summary of most of the last ten years of the series.
Sounds like someone who doesn't play fighting games or arcade games
It's your turn in Cthulhu Wars
It's your turn in Squirrel Wars
It's your turn in Demon Wars
It's your turn in Wall Street Wars

http://devilsbiscuit.com/

Faceless
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by Faceless » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:09 pm

Doug wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:02 pm
Faceless wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:31 pm Dunkey describes Assassin's Creed Odyssey as "You see everything there is to do in the first ten hours, then there's thirty hours more" and it feels like a pretty good summary of most of the last ten years of the series.
Sounds like someone who doesn't play fighting games or arcade games
He definitely plays a bunch of fighting games but I can see where you're coming from. I don't think the repetitive side mission stuff in AC games is that similar to the systems mastery of games where you're repeating the same stages or fights over and over though

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:41 pm

i was pretty stoned last night and pre-ordered red dead redemption 2. i think it'll end up being a choice im glad i just sort of ripped off the band-aid and made when not of the soundest of mind.

im not really super hype or anything, though. its just kind of something i know ill want to play, and ive low key always wanted to play a game from the series but had no easy way to do it.
with love, your good friend, seathesee

Wumpy
uuuuuuuuuUUUUUU
Cardboard Robot

Post by Wumpy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:57 pm

the game with realistic horse balls

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:06 pm

RockstarIntel reports that Red Dead Redemption 2 includes dynamic testicle physics for the horses in the game world, which will have realistic biological reactions. That is to say they will defecate and produce manure just like a real-life horse, in addition to having their testicles shrink in cold weather.
i mean, i didnt follow closely enough to know thats the case, but i think i can officially say im hyped now. holy shit thats some nice attention to detail, and the more education on shrinkage that gets out there, in (or on) whatever vehicle, is a good thing in my book.

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:07 pm

rockstar should really be the ones to design san junipero

mindwarped
slow me down
Isolationist

Post by mindwarped » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:09 pm

seathesee wrote:
RockstarIntel reports that Red Dead Redemption 2 includes dynamic testicle physics for the horses in the game world, which will have realistic biological reactions. That is to say they will defecate and produce manure just like a real-life horse, in addition to having their testicles shrink in cold weather.
i mean, i didnt follow closely enough to know thats the case, but i think i can officially say im hyped now. holy shit thats some nice attention to detail, and the more education on shrinkage that gets out there, in (or on) whatever vehicle, is a good thing in my book.
I wonder if you'll be able to acquire e.g. a sawdusted block of ice or a branding iron and make the horses' testicles shrink and swell at your whim

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:13 pm

i mean, theyve got to save something for red dead redemption 3

haplo
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by haplo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:14 pm

Someone should go back to MGS5 and check the horse testicles in that game. I know it had plenty of horse poop, if that's your thing.

mindwarped
slow me down
Isolationist

Post by mindwarped » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:15 pm

alternate ice > iron > ice > iron > ice at just the right speed to induce a resonant frequency and cause the testicles to explode

this is the kind of realistic physics simulation I've been waiting for my entire life

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:15 pm

arguably unrealistic amounts of horse poop

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:09 pm

im mildly excited to fire up rimworld again after letting it ripen for a year or so. full release was today.

Juri
Typewriter Monkey

Post by Juri » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:05 am

Leprosy enters the game cellar, taking in the scent of his assortment of ripening games. He stops by the management sims and plucks rimworld from its shelf. A single player vintage, this is no title to bring out to share with house guests. The perfect title for a quiet night like this one. He uncorks the game and takes a whiff. The stale odor of early access he remembers has given way to the heady smell of a freshly released title. He smiles.

mindwarped
slow me down
Isolationist

Post by mindwarped » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:09 am

better lock leprosy in the storage shed before he lapses into a gaming frenzy

Aeldaar
Adding Machine
Adding Machine

Post by Aeldaar » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:13 am

mindwarped wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:09 am better lock leprosy in the storage shed before he lapses into a gaming frenzy
yes, for the love of god

Khaos
They should have sent a poet.
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:27 am

the cask of itsamemario

seathesee
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard

Post by seathesee » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:46 am

Juri wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:05 am Leprosy enters the game cellar, taking in the scent of his assortment of ripening games. He stops by the management sims and plucks rimworld from its shelf. A single player vintage, this is no title to bring out to share with house guests. The perfect title for a quiet night like this one. He uncorks the game and takes a whiff. The stale odor of early access he remembers has given way to the heady smell of a freshly released title. He smiles.
positively enchanting. :chefskiss:

catonkeyboard
Attaboy! You finished my labyrinth and I'm proud of you!
Let's party like it's 1899

Post by catonkeyboard » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:26 am

seathesee wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:46 am
Juri wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:05 am Leprosy enters the game cellar, taking in the scent of his assortment of ripening games. He stops by the management sims and plucks rimworld from its shelf. A single player vintage, this is no title to bring out to share with house guests. The perfect title for a quiet night like this one. He uncorks the game and takes a whiff. The stale odor of early access he remembers has given way to the heady smell of a freshly released title. He smiles.
positively enchanting. :chefskiss:
Why did you not take the time to let the game breathe (perhaps using a GameGenie decanter) in this fantasy?

Seriously though, it's not purely about rating games on their tannins. Sometimes you have to understand how the body interacts with the acidity.
27/50 states of cats on keyboards
|X,,,,X,,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,,,,X,,X,X,X,X,X,,,,X,,X,,X,,,X,,X,X,X,,X,,X,X,,,,,X,|