It's Video Game News

Shitposting, Video Games, Manga, and Anime

Moderator: Wumpy

Doug
Has anybody seen my parrot
Forum Elf

Re: It's Video Game News

Post by Doug » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:17 pm

And here it is, at No. 4 on our chart. I'm Casey Kasem.
It's your turn in Cthulhu Wars
It's your turn in Squirrel Wars
It's your turn in Demon Wars
It's your turn in Wall Street Wars

http://devilsbiscuit.com/

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima
Let's party like it's 1899

Post by Still Alive » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:04 pm

Ashenai wrote:hard-hitting journalism from anonymous 4chan greentext poster. probably best to just assume it's all true, as long as you like the narrative
isn't that everything now a days

KingRamz
We are not amused.
Cardboard Robot

Post by KingRamz » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:18 pm

I thought the whole point was they didn't like the narrative of Uncharted 4

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:28 pm

here's ign suggesting that, according to their sources, hennig was forced out of the company by druckmann and the other guy:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/05 ... aughty-dog

of course the co founders of the company denied that she left for that reason, but then they also don't think that their employees should crunch either. a little bit unreliable there. we can chalk this one up to hearsay but interesting little bit of the article here:

"Sources claim Hennig was “forced out” by The Last of Us’ Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley, and explained that Uncharted may now come under their control."

which can then lead into this article from screen rant story about how the script was thrown out and completely rewritten:

https://screenrant.com/uncharted-4-story-amy-hennig/

which can lead into this article about uncharted 4 being delayed, again

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/uncha ... 0-6435253/

and then we already have corroboration re the crunch time, and we know the studio was hard troubled during the development of four, with a lot of peer pressure inflicted crunch and a lot of employee turn over.

gamesradar, quoting druckmann that they're not going to be including fat drake into the game because it would be a laugh at someone else's expense

https://www.gamesradar.com/therell-be-n ... charted-4/

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:43 pm

screenrant might be alt right, it's very hard to tell now a days -- i think the rest of those articles are on the level -- but they, screen rant, also have an article about alan tudyk leaving uncharted four because they made "some weird changes" to the project. tudyk himself seems on the level, but i don't know, so i grabbed this from ars technica, who employed a guy who hates anime fans and gamergate and was later arrested for soliciting sex (securities fraud) from a minor:

Tudyk seems to be alluding to major changes made to Uncharted 4's senior development team last year, when longtime Uncharted Creative Director Amy Hennig left the company to work on EA's Star Wars games. Some anonymously sourced reports at the time claimed Hennig was "forced out" by The Last of Us scribes Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley, who took over leadership on Uncharted 4, but Naughty Dog later denied those reports directly. A number of other senior developers at Naughty Dog also left the company in the wake of Hennig's departure, including director Justin Richmond, lead character artist Michael Knowland, and art director Nate Wells.

very curious. oh and then nathan drake himself confirming they threw the script out:

Tudyk's thoughts on the internal changes to Uncharted carry more resonance following remarks from longtime Nathan Drake voice actor Nolan North, who said in June that Naughty Dog threw out eight months worth of recording work after Hennig's departure

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:47 pm

imagine throwing out eight months of voice work, man

haplo
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by haplo » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:20 pm

Naughty Dog has been a heavy crunch studio for a long time. Everyone who applies there knows what it's like.

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Ashenai » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:53 am

Still Alive wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:28 pm here's ign suggesting that, according to their sources, hennig was forced out of the company by druckmann and the other guy:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/05 ... aughty-dog

of course the co founders of the company denied that she left for that reason, but then they also don't think that their employees should crunch either. a little bit unreliable there. we can chalk this one up to hearsay but interesting little bit of the article here:

"Sources claim Hennig was “forced out” by The Last of Us’ Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley, and explained that Uncharted may now come under their control."

which can then lead into this article from screen rant story about how the script was thrown out and completely rewritten:

https://screenrant.com/uncharted-4-story-amy-hennig/

which can lead into this article about uncharted 4 being delayed, again

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/uncha ... 0-6435253/

and then we already have corroboration re the crunch time, and we know the studio was hard troubled during the development of four, with a lot of peer pressure inflicted crunch and a lot of employee turn over.

gamesradar, quoting druckmann that they're not going to be including fat drake into the game because it would be a laugh at someone else's expense

https://www.gamesradar.com/therell-be-n ... charted-4/
These stupid 4chan whines are never 100% invented out of whole cloth. They take the exact same sources you looked up, and then they make up a narrative based on those sources that fits their priors.

It's like if someone here went "I heard Ashenai did a sex (securities fraud) crime because he was so frustrated at being separated from his SO" and then you checked out my posts and went "Hmmm, well according to these Ashenai posts, he was indeed frustrated at being separated from his SO, so that part of the story checks out". Of course it checks out! Whoever made up the story also saw those posts! That's what he based the made-up part of his story on!

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Ashenai » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:59 am

alright wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:16 pm Image
hey, remember this?

you don't have to believe every single story that has stupid/evil SJWs in it

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:30 am

Ashenai wrote:
hey, remember this?

you don't have to believe every single story that has stupid/evil SJWs in it
diablo 4 absolutely rushed into production and the rumors now are that theyre going to force it out the door. makes sense because the company is a fucking tire fire right now, and what are they releasing? what do they have planned? overwatch 2 and a cellphone game. fucking diablo 4 is supposed to be years and years away, and whether or not it's any good. mmm. but, hey at least it's not actually a shlooter, right. they got the three classes thing right, but i think that was a reddit leak

as for wow, let's see, let's see. next expansion lowers level cap to sixty? correct. vulpera and mechagnomes. correct correct. shadowlands datamining shows that the allied races have had their exalt requirements stripped so a little bit easier to get. could be cash shop because that's still work, but this is guessable. bc and wrath servers are coming, they just put out a survey to see how people'd feel about bc servers not too long ago, but again anyone probably could have guessed this. obviously theyre not going to make a cata server, and wrath was probably the most popular of the olden time servers?

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:37 am

speculation is fun. dancing around the flaming body of blizzard is fun. and the cool thing about green text (besides commonly being correct) is that it is just a d00ds opinion. of course that's not totally defensible. of course! but, often, some fact some opinion, which you should be parsing on your own, like whether or not uncharted 4's story is good or not. a lot of people seem to think not great, but then it did win some awards. the validity of the awards, though, eh. like it isn't as though the person is some kind of unbiased journalist writing an article. and of course you gotta kind of parse personal, political motivation, but it's not really any different than if a person got something from the person who wrote an article about how a japanese video game song had an ableist term in it (of course it didn't). well, one of them wouldn't be a complete and total lie. both phrased very politically at least, i guess! but, anyway, then, obviously when you were presenting your thing you'd then be saying, though i'm not sure you'd have to, it should be implied, to take the thing with a grain of salt. probably look some of this stuff up if you're not sure

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Ashenai » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:57 am

Still Alive wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:37 am but, anyway, then, obviously when you were presenting your thing you'd then be saying, though i'm not sure you'd have to, it should be implied, to take the thing with a grain of salt.
I kind of want to diagram this sentence

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:59 am

Ashenai wrote: I kind of want to diagram this sentence
but it reads, right

haplo
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by haplo » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:01 am

my favorite part about that image is the complete lack of discussion about HS Battlegrounds which was in development long before the post was made

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:03 am

haplo wrote:my favorite part about that image is the complete lack of discussion about HS Battlegrounds which was in development long before the post was made
it should have been

Hearthstone
>Who cares

Juri
We're Knights of the Round Table
We attack each turn if able
Typewriter Monkey

Post by Juri » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:42 am

Rylinks wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:04 pm i trust 4chan greentext more than most media outlets
this
haplo wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:01 am my favorite part about that image is the complete lack of discussion about HS Battlegrounds which was in development long before the post was made
but also this

Juri
We're Knights of the Round Table
We attack each turn if able
Typewriter Monkey

Post by Juri » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:43 am

it's always a nice change of pace to have somebody lying to you for fun, rather than for profit

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Ashenai » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:44 am

Still Alive wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:59 am
Ashenai wrote: I kind of want to diagram this sentence
but it reads, right
I had to read it a couple of times to figure out where the "it should be implied" goes

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:59 am

Ashenai wrote: I had to read it a couple of times to figure out where the "it should be implied" goes
i think some em dashes would have helped

Hoshi
Fallen Star
Cardboard Robot

Post by Hoshi » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:26 am

Still Alive wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:37 am well, one of them wouldn't be a complete and total lie.
Look that article was stupid but I dunno how you get this when the greentext post literally begins with the lie of "got fired from blizzard here's your leaks" and goes on to present many many more.

Blizzard really does suck though, don't get me wrong

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:45 am

Hoshi wrote: Look that article was stupid but I dunno how you get this when the greentext post literally begins with the lie of "got fired from blizzard here's your leaks" and goes on to present many many more.

Blizzard really does suck though, don't get me wrong
i posted that immediately before blizzcon with the text "tomorrow." as in, let's see how much of, if any of this is true. i guess my bad for not involving you guys in the fun month plus of speculation and spoilers we had for shadowlands, something like, man, there were so many "leaks," and not just on chan. i think that was probably market people, though? like, hey, our expansion sucks, our company is terrible, our reputation is destroyed, so let's do what we can and get people excited and talking about the next expansion. and it worked!

most of those leaks, leaks long prior to that have been coming from people fired, people not giving a shit about the company anymore, and i think there does exist something of a general consensus of blizz's work environment not being the best. hey kind of like another studio i was just talking about. i wonder what happens then when you have disgruntled, miserable employees who hate the company. but you could argue that that person posting the fake thing, was playing into that we'd believe that, which obviously, so let's "tomorrow"

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:47 am

i could have posted other shadowlands stuff, shadowlands specific stuff, but why not the one leaking everything that would be show cased. imagine if diablo 4 really had been a shlooter!

and then, man, like, so much of shadowlands was already leaked on there. like we knew it was shadowlands because of a leaked board room picture taking thing from a guy who just stopped giving a shit about the company at all. but that might have been fake. he had a teaser trailer from 8.3.5 that looked kinda hard to fake. i should actually go back and look at this stuff

Hoshi
Fallen Star
Cardboard Robot

Post by Hoshi » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:57 am

I'm not trying to "get" you for posting it, or saying you shouldn't have! I was pretty caught up in it myself as I read it all those months ago. Like that Starcraft story about Tychus becoming The Composer just sounded like the natural extension of the crappy direction SC2's story had already taken, and well just look at WC3 reforged as proof that maybe Blizz really just don't care about their users anymore.

But let's not still sit here now after we know what we know and claim like it's somehow more truthful than someone who heard the R word in a P5 song. I listened like five times, I couldn't confirm or deny what was being said. The dumb part of that is actually writing the article, like some not-properly-audible bit of quiet ad-lib that might or might not be a slur needs to be broadcast to all the people it's supposedly gonna hurt.

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:07 am

Hoshi wrote:But let's not still sit here now after we know what we know and claim like it's somehow more truthful than someone who heard the R word in a P5 song. I listened like five times, I couldn't confirm or deny what was being said. The dumb part of that is actually writing the article, like some not-properly-audible bit of quiet ad-lib that might or might not be a slur needs to be broadcast to all the people it's supposedly gonna hurt.
greentext over that? no, i'll argue that. granted you have to be pretty keen to be able to discern shitposting or whatever, but i guess if we get into that grey area then you might as well just be keen in figuring out which of the paid games articles aren't disguised clickbait. it's kind of like overhearing shit in a bar. not the best source of information, sure, but the patrons are trust worthy. then we've got our alternative, a guy person who really enjoys lying

Faceless
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by Faceless » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:14 pm

next assassin's creed game is vikings

here we fuckin go
"Ireland’s Ireland and Scotland’s Scotland anyone who thinks different is a cunt" - Liam Gallagher

Faceless
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by Faceless » Fri May 01, 2020 10:06 pm

Faceless wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:14 pm next assassin's creed game is vikings

here we fuckin go
"Ireland’s Ireland and Scotland’s Scotland anyone who thinks different is a cunt" - Liam Gallagher

Wumpy
uuuuuuuuuUUUUUU
Cardboard Robot

Post by Wumpy » Fri May 01, 2020 11:17 pm

this looks like a reasonably close tangent for me to link powersnake so im going to do that now thanks in advance

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Fri May 01, 2020 11:22 pm

i guess it's on me to link chainbreaker then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJWUlRoxSTs

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Fri May 01, 2020 11:23 pm