Shitposting, Video Games, Manga, and Anime

Moderator: Wumpy

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Re: Weeb-go

Post by Ashenai » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:28 am

Magical wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:02 am
Ashenai wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:43 pm Japanese Ammo with Misa is a fun Japanese channel for beginners, I recommend giving it a look! It's not as effective as actually sitting down and learning vocab or grammar, but it's a lot less effort! She explains stuff really well, with a lot of examples.
I opened a random video and clicked to a random timecode and it was actually a very interesting, extended discussion about だ. I always thought dropping it was more of a feminine marker and sometimes try to force myself to use it because I thought not doing so was girly. However she says its inclusion for simple sentences where it apparently doesn't belong is more like evil anime character marker, heh.
Yeah I think she gives a really clear picture of whatever grammar point she's illustrating, mostly because she takes a lot of care to explain the situations and examples and ways the sentences feel to a Japanese native. It's exactly what's missing from something like Tae Kim's guide for me, where I can learn what a particle means, but can't really get a feel for how it should be used or what using it implies.