Board Stuff

We can change anything but the name
User avatar
the_zoomies
Attaboy! You finished my labyrinth and I'm proud of you!
Let's party like it's 1899
Posts: 1999
Joined: Nov 26, 2020

Re: Board Stuff

Post by the_zoomies » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:29 pm

Shiny Days wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:55 pm
sometimes -> sometimes it's hard to tell when you guys want something and when you want something ironically

User avatar
the_zoomies
Attaboy! You finished my labyrinth and I'm proud of you!
Let's party like it's 1899
Posts: 1999
Joined: Nov 26, 2020

Re: Board Stuff

Post by the_zoomies » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:32 pm

Ashenai wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:32 pm
finance is confusing
:supo:

User avatar
Khaos
They should have sent a poet.
Forum Elf
Posts: 11991
Joined: Aug 23, 2018

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Khaos » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:04 pm

sometimes it's hard to tell when you guys want something and when you want something ironically i get confused too arti

User avatar
Ashenai
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard
Posts: 6882
Joined: May 29, 2019

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Ashenai » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:22 pm

sometimes i laugh (sometimes)
sometimes i cry
sometimes it's hard to tell
when you guys want something and when you want something ironically

User avatar
Jeb Bush 2012
Cardboard Robot
Cardboard Robot
Posts: 1765
Joined: Jun 24, 2020

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Jeb Bush 2012 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:32 pm

desire is the root of all suffering

ironic desire is the "root" of all "suffering"

User avatar
Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf
Posts: 12575
Joined: Aug 24, 2018

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Crunchums » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:49 pm

that's good
this post was made by Crunchums; beware the [ai] tag

Wumpy
Holo Lord
Holo Lord
Posts: 1660
Joined: Aug 24, 2018
Contact:

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Wumpy » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:56 pm

is a dollarydoo yet another silly canadian currency
34/906
A M
Image

User avatar
Shiny Days
...but history refused to change
...but history refused to change
Posts: 2000
Joined: Feb 08, 2019

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Shiny Days » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:13 pm

i think that's a silly australian currency

User avatar
Khaos
They should have sent a poet.
Forum Elf
Posts: 11991
Joined: Aug 23, 2018

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Khaos » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:32 pm

we don't need to add a suffix to our currency to make them sound more silly (loonies)

User avatar
Shiny Days
...but history refused to change
...but history refused to change
Posts: 2000
Joined: Feb 08, 2019

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Shiny Days » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:28 am

Doug wrote:
:horror:
so what i wanted to do with this was a sort of like anyone could just upload whatever smileys they wanted, like we'd make a page or something people could go to. and fuck maybe make it could be like a post count based reward or something. bring those back.

i was pretty sort of kind of against this a little bit originally. i know i argued with crunchums sort of over the thing, like, you know, we don't need five hundred, and as the place is less like happening and more of a graveyard we're keeping the dust off of it sort of seems fine to just leave the list as it is, and there's already like 200 of the things

but then, fuck it. there's already 200 of the things. let's just pile more on. even if one only gets used once or twice maybe it will be used comedically or something and that'll be great. who knows. it's not even like it takes up server space or anything

and then i was thinking that like if the smiley list was a bity more uh personal, featured like a thousand things, then we could do a sort of slack type thing where people could maybe pin smileys to posts or something as a like thumbs up thing? discord does this too and it seems like a pretty cool function, but maybe that's actually a bad idea.

but uh, looking all of this stuff up you know, like, how to add smileys to your forum gets you a lot of results that are not the ones i want. and we dont really need a page like how much are people going to upload, really. they could just hand those to me and then i could upload them it takes like a minute

edit - but then i need to like the thing. you're putting the power in my hands >:3

User avatar
Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf
Posts: 12575
Joined: Aug 24, 2018

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Crunchums » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:20 am

Shiny Days wrote:so what i wanted to do with this was a sort of like anyone could just upload whatever smileys they wanted
yikes
this post was made by Crunchums; beware the [ai] tag

User avatar
Monty
Cardboard Robot
Cardboard Robot
Posts: 1088
Joined: Jan 30, 2020

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Monty » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:32 am

Crunchums wrote:
Shiny Days wrote:so what i wanted to do with this was a sort of like anyone could just upload whatever smileys they wanted
:yikes:
The world needs more Bohemian Ear-Spoons

User avatar
Ashenai
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard
Posts: 6882
Joined: May 29, 2019

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Ashenai » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:35 am

:poop:

User avatar
Ashenai
Sentient Keyboard
Sentient Keyboard
Posts: 6882
Joined: May 29, 2019

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Ashenai » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:36 am

lol I didn't know that existed

User avatar
Juri
We're Knights of the Round Table
We attack each turn if able
Typewriter Monkey
Posts: 9999
Joined: Aug 23, 2018

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Juri » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:18 pm

Shiny Days wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:28 am
Doug wrote:
:horror:
so what i wanted to do with this was a sort of like anyone could just upload whatever smileys they wanted, like we'd make a page or something people could go to. and fuck maybe make it could be like a post count based reward or something. bring those back.

i was pretty sort of kind of against this a little bit originally. i know i argued with crunchums sort of over the thing, like, you know, we don't need five hundred, and as the place is less like happening and more of a graveyard we're keeping the dust off of it sort of seems fine to just leave the list as it is, and there's already like 200 of the things

but then, fuck it. there's already 200 of the things. let's just pile more on. even if one only gets used once or twice maybe it will be used comedically or something and that'll be great. who knows. it's not even like it takes up server space or anything

and then i was thinking that like if the smiley list was a bity more uh personal, featured like a thousand things, then we could do a sort of slack type thing where people could maybe pin smileys to posts or something as a like thumbs up thing? discord does this too and it seems like a pretty cool function, but maybe that's actually a bad idea.

but uh, looking all of this stuff up you know, like, how to add smileys to your forum gets you a lot of results that are not the ones i want. and we dont really need a page like how much are people going to upload, really. they could just hand those to me and then i could upload them it takes like a minute

edit - but then i need to like the thing. you're putting the power in my hands >:3
Thank you for even thinking about this at all, much less thinking about it enough to say all that stuff. It'd be a very different internet if more people did it like you do man.
Image

User avatar
Shiny Days
...but history refused to change
...but history refused to change
Posts: 2000
Joined: Feb 08, 2019

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Shiny Days » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:37 am

Juri wrote:Thank you for even thinking about this at all, much less thinking about it enough to say all that stuff. It'd be a very different internet if more people did it like you do man.
:loverobot:

User avatar
Doug
Post
Forum Elf
Posts: 16425
Joined: Aug 23, 2018

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Doug » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:05 pm

I can't find the button to sticky a thread
It's your turn in Cthulhu Wars
It's your turn in Squirrel Wars
It's your turn in Demon Wars
It's your turn in Wall Street Wars

http://devilsbiscuit.com/

User avatar
Rylinks
her skirt got quite a lot smaller,
but her heart is still the same
size it was before
Typewriter Monkey
Posts: 9467
Joined: Jun 13, 2018

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Rylinks » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:23 pm

Image

User avatar
Doug
Post
Forum Elf
Posts: 16425
Joined: Aug 23, 2018

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Doug » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:38 pm

Yeah but sticky thread isn't one of the options


Thread Options.png
Thread Options.png (14.16 KiB) Viewed 1792 times


There's a moderator control panel but I couldn't find it there either. It might be a thing where Arti has to go into the Admin panel and allow mods to sticky threads
It's your turn in Cthulhu Wars
It's your turn in Squirrel Wars
It's your turn in Demon Wars
It's your turn in Wall Street Wars

http://devilsbiscuit.com/

User avatar
Rylinks
her skirt got quite a lot smaller,
but her heart is still the same
size it was before
Typewriter Monkey
Posts: 9467
Joined: Jun 13, 2018

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Rylinks » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:03 pm

i think i got it, it was in a weird spot

User avatar
Skeletor
.
How'd you know that loving kittens is my one defining trait?
Typewriter Monkey
Posts: 7043
Joined: Sep 03, 2018

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Skeletor » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:23 pm

The back of a Volkswagen?
wow, [you]. that all sounds terrible. i hope it gets better for you

User avatar
Rylinks
her skirt got quite a lot smaller,
but her heart is still the same
size it was before
Typewriter Monkey
Posts: 9467
Joined: Jun 13, 2018

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Rylinks » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:25 pm

right, when mtglitch is down it's because the volkswagen is going through a tunnel

User avatar
Doug
Post
Forum Elf
Posts: 16425
Joined: Aug 23, 2018

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Doug » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:43 pm

Rylinks wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:03 pm
i think i got it, it was in a weird spot
Did you find it
It's your turn in Cthulhu Wars
It's your turn in Squirrel Wars
It's your turn in Demon Wars
It's your turn in Wall Street Wars

http://devilsbiscuit.com/

User avatar
Rylinks
her skirt got quite a lot smaller,
but her heart is still the same
size it was before
Typewriter Monkey
Posts: 9467
Joined: Jun 13, 2018

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Rylinks » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:49 pm

is it in the menu now?

User avatar
Doug
Post
Forum Elf
Posts: 16425
Joined: Aug 23, 2018

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Doug » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:53 pm

Rylinks wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:49 pm
is it in the menu now?
Yes! We did it! (You did it)
It's your turn in Cthulhu Wars
It's your turn in Squirrel Wars
It's your turn in Demon Wars
It's your turn in Wall Street Wars

http://devilsbiscuit.com/

User avatar
Juri
We're Knights of the Round Table
We attack each turn if able
Typewriter Monkey
Posts: 9999
Joined: Aug 23, 2018

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Juri » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:30 pm

how can we make polls work?
can i help?
Image

User avatar
Shiny Days
...but history refused to change
...but history refused to change
Posts: 2000
Joined: Feb 08, 2019

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Shiny Days » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:23 pm

it looks like someone was able to cast a vote, so maybe it's not actually broken. that would make my life easier

User avatar
Shiny Days
...but history refused to change
...but history refused to change
Posts: 2000
Joined: Feb 08, 2019

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Shiny Days » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:37 pm

who cast that vote though

User avatar
Doug
Post
Forum Elf
Posts: 16425
Joined: Aug 23, 2018

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Doug » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:01 pm

mango -> womango
It's your turn in Cthulhu Wars
It's your turn in Squirrel Wars
It's your turn in Demon Wars
It's your turn in Wall Street Wars

http://devilsbiscuit.com/

User avatar
Khaos
They should have sent a poet.
Forum Elf
Posts: 11991
Joined: Aug 23, 2018

Re: Board Stuff

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:10 pm

mandingo -> womandingo

Post Reply