This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Damn, I've been sleeping on Agent of Stromgald!

Juri's Nondescript Subforum

Moderator: Juri

User avatar
Juri
We're Knights of the Round Table
We attack each turn if able
Typewriter Monkey
Posts: 9999
Joined: Aug 23, 2018

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by Juri » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:54 pm

Image
Image

User avatar
pterrus
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton
Posts: 3021
Joined: Sep 12, 2018

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by pterrus » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:17 pm

Image

User avatar
Shiny Days
...but history refused to change
...but history refused to change
Posts: 2000
Joined: Feb 08, 2019

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by Shiny Days » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:54 pm

that was a part of a whole cycle!

User avatar
Khaos
They should have sent a poet.
Forum Elf
Posts: 11991
Joined: Aug 23, 2018

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by Khaos » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:04 pm

i think that was the only good one though

User avatar
Juri
We're Knights of the Round Table
We attack each turn if able
Typewriter Monkey
Posts: 9999
Joined: Aug 23, 2018

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by Juri » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:28 pm

Image
Image

User avatar
pterrus
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton
Posts: 3021
Joined: Sep 12, 2018

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by pterrus » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:13 pm

Shiny Days wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:54 pm
that was a part of a whole cycle!
There were actually only 4 and then they completed it in Scars. It's unclear that it was supposed to be a cycle in the first place because 2 of the orignal 4 look blue to me.

User avatar
Doug
Post
Forum Elf
Posts: 16425
Joined: Aug 23, 2018

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by Doug » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:53 pm

pterrus wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:13 pm
Shiny Days wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:54 pm
that was a part of a whole cycle!
There were actually only 4 and then they completed it in Scars. It's unclear that it was supposed to be a cycle in the first place because 2 of the orignal 4 look blue to me.
Also, one of those was card draw, and the other was milling, and both of those seem blue
It's your turn in Cthulhu Wars
It's your turn in Squirrel Wars
It's your turn in Demon Wars
It's your turn in Wall Street Wars

http://devilsbiscuit.com/

User avatar
pterrus
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton
Posts: 3021
Joined: Sep 12, 2018

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by pterrus » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:55 pm

Doug wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:53 pm
pterrus wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:13 pm
Shiny Days wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:54 pm
that was a part of a whole cycle!
There were actually only 4 and then they completed it in Scars. It's unclear that it was supposed to be a cycle in the first place because 2 of the orignal 4 look blue to me.
Also, one of those was card draw, and the other was milling, and both of those seem blue
Yeah that's what I meant.

User avatar
Doug
Post
Forum Elf
Posts: 16425
Joined: Aug 23, 2018

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by Doug » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:48 pm

pterrus wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:55 pm
Doug wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:53 pm
pterrus wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:13 pm

There were actually only 4 and then they completed it in Scars. It's unclear that it was supposed to be a cycle in the first place because 2 of the orignal 4 look blue to me.
Also, one of those was card draw, and the other was milling, and both of those seem blue
Yeah that's what I meant.
Oh I thought you meant the art, because they both have blue art also
It's your turn in Cthulhu Wars
It's your turn in Squirrel Wars
It's your turn in Demon Wars
It's your turn in Wall Street Wars

http://devilsbiscuit.com/

User avatar
Jeb Bush 2012
Cardboard Robot
Cardboard Robot
Posts: 1765
Joined: Jun 24, 2020

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by Jeb Bush 2012 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:59 pm

Image

User avatar
Skeletor
.
How'd you know that loving kittens is my one defining trait?
Typewriter Monkey
Posts: 7043
Joined: Sep 03, 2018

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by Skeletor » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:07 pm

I love that the only effect of targeting here is that that target calls heads or tails while the coin is in the air
wow, [you]. that all sounds terrible. i hope it gets better for you

User avatar
Jeb Bush 2012
Cardboard Robot
Cardboard Robot
Posts: 1765
Joined: Jun 24, 2020

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by Jeb Bush 2012 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:19 pm

siding in imperial mask as anti-winter sky tech

User avatar
Juri
We're Knights of the Round Table
We attack each turn if able
Typewriter Monkey
Posts: 9999
Joined: Aug 23, 2018

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by Juri » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:00 am

Image
Image

User avatar
Khaos
They should have sent a poet.
Forum Elf
Posts: 11991
Joined: Aug 23, 2018

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by Khaos » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:36 pm

ah yes, boob-wings

User avatar
the_zoomies
Attaboy! You finished my labyrinth and I'm proud of you!
Let's party like it's 1899
Posts: 1999
Joined: Nov 26, 2020

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by the_zoomies » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:24 pm

Juri wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:00 am
Image
Image

User avatar
Juri
We're Knights of the Round Table
We attack each turn if able
Typewriter Monkey
Posts: 9999
Joined: Aug 23, 2018

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by Juri » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:18 pm

Image
Image

User avatar
Juri
We're Knights of the Round Table
We attack each turn if able
Typewriter Monkey
Posts: 9999
Joined: Aug 23, 2018

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by Juri » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:36 pm

Image
Image

User avatar
the_zoomies
Attaboy! You finished my labyrinth and I'm proud of you!
Let's party like it's 1899
Posts: 1999
Joined: Nov 26, 2020

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by the_zoomies » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:27 pm

We just got destroyed by
Image

witch I had straight up never heard of.

User avatar
Juri
We're Knights of the Round Table
We attack each turn if able
Typewriter Monkey
Posts: 9999
Joined: Aug 23, 2018

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by Juri » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:49 pm

the_zoomies wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:27 pm
We just got destroyed by
Image

witch I had straight up never heard of.
that things a powerful horse
Image

User avatar
pterrus
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton
Posts: 3021
Joined: Sep 12, 2018

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by pterrus » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:54 pm

Image

User avatar
KingRamz
We are not amused.
Cardboard Robot
Posts: 1376
Joined: Aug 22, 2018

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by KingRamz » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:45 pm

Every time I go past that card in my lands box I want to break it. It's tough, though - there isn't much in the way of good repeatable Threaten effects

User avatar
pterrus
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton
Posts: 3021
Joined: Sep 12, 2018

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by pterrus » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:48 pm

I thought there was one in the most recent set but couldn't remember it so I guess it belongs in the thread.

Image

Needless to say it's probably too niche to help you.

User avatar
KingRamz
We are not amused.
Cardboard Robot
Posts: 1376
Joined: Aug 22, 2018

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by KingRamz » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:02 pm

You know, there might be something there actually. You would really want something that interacts well with City of Shadows in the command zone and Coercive Recruiter doesn't do that and neither does Captivating Crew, but you could put both those cards in your Zara, Renegade Recruiter pirate tribal deck and now you're cooking.

User avatar
the_zoomies
Attaboy! You finished my labyrinth and I'm proud of you!
Let's party like it's 1899
Posts: 1999
Joined: Nov 26, 2020

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by the_zoomies » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:58 am

Less a card I forgot, and more something I just now learned.

Apparently Jushi Apprentice is not an apprentice named Jushi

User avatar
Juri
We're Knights of the Round Table
We attack each turn if able
Typewriter Monkey
Posts: 9999
Joined: Aug 23, 2018

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by Juri » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:28 am

Jushi is the name of the monster
Image

User avatar
pterrus
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton
Posts: 3021
Joined: Sep 12, 2018

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by pterrus » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:31 pm

KingRamz wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:02 pm
You know, there might be something there actually. You would really want something that interacts well with City of Shadows in the command zone and Coercive Recruiter doesn't do that and neither does Captivating Crew, but you could put both those cards in your Zara, Renegade Recruiter pirate tribal deck and now you're cooking.
Oh hey, that's actually pretty good. You'd prefer your threaten/sacrifice deck to have black in it but still.

User avatar
the_zoomies
Attaboy! You finished my labyrinth and I'm proud of you!
Let's party like it's 1899
Posts: 1999
Joined: Nov 26, 2020

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by the_zoomies » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:24 pm

pterrus wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:31 pm
KingRamz wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:02 pm
You know, there might be something there actually. You would really want something that interacts well with City of Shadows in the command zone and Coercive Recruiter doesn't do that and neither does Captivating Crew, but you could put both those cards in your Zara, Renegade Recruiter pirate tribal deck and now you're cooking.
Oh hey, that's actually pretty good. You'd prefer your threaten/sacrifice deck to have black in it but still.
End the turn commander + pirate theme?

User avatar
the_zoomies
Attaboy! You finished my labyrinth and I'm proud of you!
Let's party like it's 1899
Posts: 1999
Joined: Nov 26, 2020

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by the_zoomies » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:24 pm

Hmmm, dangerously close to good mtg advice there, I apologize

User avatar
pterrus
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton
Posts: 3021
Joined: Sep 12, 2018

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by pterrus » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:27 pm

If Obeka were a Pirate she'd be perfect, yeah.

User avatar
Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf
Posts: 12575
Joined: Aug 24, 2018

Re: This thread is for posting cards you forgot existed

Post by Crunchums » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:47 pm

KingRamz wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:45 pm
there isn't much in the way of good repeatable Threaten effects
Callous Oppressor
Beguiler of Wills
Captivating Crew
Chamber of Manipulation
Might Makes Right
Merieke Ri Berit
Preacher
Rubinia Soulsinger
Skyfire Kirin
Vedalken Shackles
Yasova Dragonclaw
this post was made by Crunchums; beware the [ai] tag

Post Reply