I've just sucked one hour of your life away. How do you feel?

Doug
Has anybody seen my parrot
Forum Elf

I've just sucked one hour of your life away. How do you feel?

Post by Doug » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:55 pm

More like Daylight Stupid Time
It's your turn in Cthulhu Wars
It's your turn in Squirrel Wars
It's your turn in Demon Wars
It's your turn in Wall Street Wars

http://devilsbiscuit.com/

the_zoomies
Attaboy! You finished my labyrinth and I'm proud of you!
Let's party like it's 1899

Re: I've just drained one hour of your life away

Post by the_zoomies » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:29 pm

Physical Time Walk

the_zoomies
Attaboy! You finished my labyrinth and I'm proud of you!
Let's party like it's 1899

Post by the_zoomies » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:30 pm

Beta Time Walk
New Zealand entomologist George Hudson first proposed modern DST. His shift-work job gave him leisure time to collect insects and led him to value after-hours daylight.[23] In 1895, he presented a paper to the Wellington Philosophical Society proposing a two-hour daylight-saving shift,[3] and considerable interest was expressed in Christchurch; he followed up with an 1898 paper.[24] Many publications credit the DST proposal to prominent English builder and outdoorsman William Willett,[25] who independently conceived DST in 1905 during a pre-breakfast ride when he observed how many Londoners slept through a large part of a summer day.[8] Willett also was an avid golfer who disliked cutting short his round at dusk.[26] His solution was to advance the clock during the summer months, and he published the proposal two years later.[27] Liberal Party member of parliament Robert Pearce took up the proposal, introducing the first Daylight Saving Bill to the House of Commons on February 12, 1908.[28] A select committee was set up to examine the issue, but Pearce's bill did not become law and several other bills failed in the following years.[29] Willett lobbied for the proposal in the UK until his death in 1915.

Doug
Has anybody seen my parrot
Forum Elf

Post by Doug » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:39 pm

Some people want to go back in time and kill Hitler, but first, we're going to go kill that guy
It's your turn in Cthulhu Wars
It's your turn in Squirrel Wars
It's your turn in Demon Wars
It's your turn in Wall Street Wars

http://devilsbiscuit.com/